Eppleworth Quarry South Cave E Yorks

isaacely

Hi, just advising anyone who may use Eppleworth Quarry at South Cave for practising not to go anymore, I have been going for a few years with no problems but today me and a mate were warned by the police for trespassing. There was only the two of us there not doing any harm to anyone when the next thing we see a police helicopter circling around, we think it must be for something else and carry on riding, the next thing it is 20 feet above us and a copper is waving to us to leave. At the gate are 3 police vehicles and 4 officers and they gave us a stop and search warning and tell us if we are caught trespassing again they will confiscate our bikes.

I know we probably should not have been there but it did seem over the top and no one has said anything before.

People have been going here for donkeys years but it seems to be over now.

You should have just ignored the helicopter - too expensive / busy for them to hang around for long on that job.

The cops on the ground would also have been loathe to get off thier asses to walk around the quarry after you and would also be off on another more urgent call after a few minutes watching you.....

You made it too easy for them.... ;)

Carry on regardless.

Everthorpe quarry as we know it is owned by east riding county council and is a sssi.I have rode there for about 15 years but a gate was put on to stop 4x4 going on, the gamekeeper who has his pheasants at the back of the quarry was ok with trials riders but hated motox,4x4 boys because of the noise,but it aint up to him.I would suggest to keep off if the police have told you to because i think youwill be in serious poo poo if you get collared on a sssi.Not only that but all you are doing is giving trials riders a bad name.Find somewhere legal to ride like wilsons farm at barton.Just for the record i haven't rode at the quarry for a year or so

I will have to try and make friends with a farmer or landowner or god forbid pay hard earned cash to ride. I am usually a responsible citizen and agree with not giving trials riders a bad name.

Edited by isaacely