Ilkley Grand National

beta729

Last year when i rode the grand national or should i say pulled my bike out of bogs for a few hours the start times or the entrys where not published! i only found i had a entry when i turned up on the day you could always contact ilkley dmc!

normally you get sommat in the post or just turn up on Sat morning..

by far the best trial i've ever entered but if its been raining in the weeks before its bloody hard work!!

the first half over the moor to the harrogate road is fairly good going on sheep tracks with sections in the becks, only as you ride away from the road and up onto the peat moor does it get snotty

the run back to the start is the worst, downhill 'flat out' through the somme like bomb holes and mud leads to some spectaculer face plants ( if you dont come off your not going fast enough...) ask last years winner who face planted as he flew past me and almost took out the the drystone wall in the process, being a lampkin though he literally jumped back on the Mont and was off without pausing..