Mota 1st Event In Indiana

zippy

firstgear Posted Today, 04:20 PM

Zippy Wrote: Can I ride Beginner class?

Maybe if you try really hard......

biffsgasgas Posted Today, 04:39 PM

QUOTE (ZIPPY @ Mar 27 2008, 07:04 PM)

Can I ride Beginner class?

I highly doubt you can ride much above the junior class....

Bring on the SEASON!!! i am stoked.

Hey i have not been paying any attention. The release form that i had noterized, blood drawn for, sealed in a circoficus, then sent out to ama.... Do i need to get anything done before your event Sam?

--Biff

Thought I should make the huge leap and go for an extreme challenge of my riding abilities this year.

Hey Sam,

I kinda have not sent that annual release form thingy yet :wacko:

My AMA membership is current. Will I still be able to ride. Maybe just sign more papers at the event to cover the realease form?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're fine if your AMA is current. The notarized release is now optional this year for the competition membership and not required like last year, I renewed mine without it. It is however suggested that those with minors get it for their minors because as Sam said, without it they'll either need both parents present at the event to sign or a signed and notarized waiver from the parent or parents not in attendance.

From the MOTA rulebook,

"Section 6. Section 6. No rider under the legal age of majority in the state

or province in which the meet takes place may compete without the

written consent (signature on liability releases and entry forms) of his/her

parents or legal guardians present at the meet. An authorized adult acting

on behalf of the parents or legal guardians must provide a notarized

statement indicating they have been given the authority by the parent or

legal guardian to be responsible for the minor during the meet."

I know it's a pain but I guess the AMA has had some lawsuit problems with a child getting hurt and the other parent filing suit because they did not approve of the activity.

You guys are making me jealous- I won't be there. I sure wish that work would not get in the way of having fun. Once spring is over then I can get a (fun) life again. Can't wait to hear how it goes. Post some pics and links...ok? The vintage idea is great Sam... I'm even more bummed now- I'd like to drag out the cota.

I know it's a pain but I guess the AMA has had some lawsuit problems with a child getting hurt and the other parent filing suit because they did not approve of the activity.

Brockaway,

OH yea the book that i should have read.... DOH!

Zippy,

Dont let the mrs know that her prior consent is required and if she wants to sue tell her to sue me. Im broke so no harm no foul there....

Kjax,

Dont tell zippy yet but my plans have changed as of about 10 mins ago. Were riding over at Kutchey's tomorrow. Come on and hang!

--Biff

Kjax,

Dont tell zippy yet but my plans have changed as of about 10 mins ago. Were riding over at Kutchey's tomorrow. Come on and hang!

--Biff

I just read your e-mail this morning- I guess you guys have already finished..... Thanks for the invite!

No matter, as I have a garage full of half assembled (or unassembled) bikes and the Sherco is one of em. Still going thru the stable getting ready for the season. I thought a few of the guys were heaed to TN for the training days?

KA

Sections are done and the loop looks fun! The frost has left the ground and actually dried out immensely. We will run 10 sections a day 4 loops, awards are fun and unique.

Weather looks good, 50's and a chance of rain, no problem!

So far I have people possibly attending who have contacted me from,

Windsor, Ontario

Wisconsin

Illinois

Ohio

Georgia

and of course, Indiana and Michigan.

I'm expecting at least 50 riders, but I imagine will exceed 70!

Any questions please ask!

sam ;)

No Concession.

But we have a couple campfires weather permitting.

Nappanee is 15 min away, many choices for food.

WARNING: Do not pet the black and white looking cats, they are abundant this year and stinky! ;)