Twinshock Hybrid

scotty

Anyone seen the RTX Yamaha mono engined bike Chris Koch was pictured on in last weeks TMX news i think it was a John Bliss RTX chassis with a Yamaha ty mono engine installed? and by the looks of it a majesty tank? anyone seen it in action?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go into classic trials forum click on chassis kits thread it's in there eventually. That threads been a bit quiet lateley and needs some fresh blood to stir it up a bit. Whatever you do don't mention anything about modifying Majesty steering head angles. You have been warned. :D

PS I dont think it has anything to do with RTX. It was built by Jon Bliss. :hyper:

Sorry havent been on here a while so missed the specias topic :hyper: on a slightly different note i was at at trial last summer at fresham vale and saw a guy there on a (i think) Armstrong 310 with a yamaha mono engine in it looked bloody nice too! :D

Sorry I can't do the link thing. Classic trials. Classic chassis kits thread. Post number 32. Get in there and get the thread moving again. :D

Also look at the steering changes thread if you can, again try not to mention Godden steering head changes. :hyper:

Link to Forum Post

Edited by AtomAnt
Added Forum Post Link - AA

Guest majestyman340
Anyone seen the RTX Yamaha mono engined bike Chris Koch was pictured on in last weeks TMX news i think it was a John Bliss RTX chassis with a Yamaha ty mono engine installed? and by the looks of it a majesty tank? anyone seen it in action?

I have seen other close up pics of this bike and it looks to me as though its 75% mono, and 25% twinshock.................if specials such as this are allowed, how long before someone builds a "twinshock" 4RT or Rev 3?

I feel a spot of de javu (sp?) in the air. :hyper:

The rules were tightened when Steve Monk turned up at one round on a monoshock with twin shocks on the back, which I am pretty sure caused a re-write of the rules. I think that it should say originally manufactured before (say?) 85 as well.

This bike as stated above is not in the spirit of the championship.

Guest majestyman340
The rules were tightened when Steve Monk turned up at one round on a monoshock with twin shocks on the back, which I am pretty sure caused a re-write of the rules. I think that it should say originally manufactured before (say?) 85 as well.

This bike as stated above is not in the spirit of the championship.

Very sensible suggestions..................if these modified super trick twinshock hybrids using modern parts are allowed, then how long before twinshock goes down the plughole like P65?

Has anyone got anymore pics of these mono hybrids? the one on the specials thread looks like a scorpa/yamaha 150 chassis with the mono engine installed (bloody short wheelbase and dare i say it steep FORK ANGLE) can't see what hells chance most twinshock riders are going to have against bikes like these! Granted Chris Koch is a superb rider that could/can win a trial on almost anything, but get two average trials riders on one special and on a fantic/majesty/tlr the specials going to have the advantage! that Yam mono engine is a killer in perfomance as well against any of the pre 83 trials engines bikes! :hyper:

Guest majestyman340
Seems to me that you can ride whatever tricked up bike you want.... AS LONG AS YOU DON'T WIN ON IT. :hyper:

Reminds me of the story about the winner of the 2 day "P65" Scottish, who suggested his cylinder looked like one from a post 65 motor, as bigger fins had been welded on to the original......................in actual fact the bike is a 290cc Cub, that probably cost at least

Guest majestyman340
Has anyone got anymore pics of these mono hybrids? the one on the specials thread looks like a scorpa/yamaha 150 chassis with the mono engine installed (bloody short wheelbase and dare i say it steep FORK ANGLE) can't see what hells chance most twinshock riders are going to have against bikes like these! Granted Chris Koch is a superb rider that could/can win a trial on almost anything, but get two average trials riders on one special and on a fantic/majesty/tlr the specials going to have the advantage! that Yam mono engine is a killer in perfomance as well against any of the pre 83 trials engines bikes! :hyper:

Thats the main reason this type of bike must be restricted to a specials class...................unless of course we want twinshock to go the way of P65.