Im Getting Board Of This.......

alex

game.

Thursday night me and a few friends where out playing football and my mate kicked the ball good high, anyway being a rugby player I went to catch it. Too cut a long story short, ive broken my thumb. Im now possibly considering quiting trials dew to I have my exams in a few weeks and will be starting work and after breaking my leg ive lost interest. So not sure what too do at the moment. So im out for a further 4 weeks, soo keep your eyes open western centre riders for a new observer lol.

cheers Alex

Edited by Alex

Trials advice - try to keep it up, maybe have a little break (no pun intended). I gave up at about 17 and started again 17 years later. I was gutted I'd missed out on all that trials time.

Exam advice - forget the English, concentrate on the rest, you've left it too late ;)

Only joking mate - good luck! :D

Edited by bikespace

cheers for the advice

Its just that my confidence has gone out the door and I had 10 weeks in plaster for my leg and now this :D

But shall think about it after I come out of plaster, but also im just not interested anymore which is the saddest thing because I used to love my trials, but I donno lol

lol sorry, it's not easy typing with a cast on lol

Whoops,sorry after reading about your 5th break i forgot about the 1st(Thumb). :D

I think if Trial's is in the blood you will return to the sport at some stage.

Bet you've found Girl's and Booze.

Exam advice - forget the English, concentrate on the rest, you've left it too late ;)

Classic Bikespace humour :D

Alex, I busted 2 fingers ( at one of Bikespace's trials ironically ) and basically gave up riding not long after that. I do miss riding but now when its cold, the fingers give me some serious jib. I also play guitar/keyboards and the damaged fingers have knackered that up and it sucks basically.

So, look after your fingers big time. Maybe not too much of a problem when your'e young, but when you get older you start to notice it !

After seeing you perform at a Saunders trials school I would say DON'T give it up, take a break maybe. Oh and as others have pointed out with the spare time on your hands why not brush up on your spelling. :D;)

After seeing you perform at a Saunders trials school I would say DON'T give it up, take a break maybe. Oh and as others have pointed out with the spare time on your hands why not brush up on your spelling. :D;)

Thank-you buddy. Bit off topic but I read Stephan Murray's Blog this evening, and I know its no where near as bad, but it has inspired me to get back out there and make an impact.

http://www.myspace.com/murraystrong

http://www.lat34.com/bmx/stephen_murray_updates

and his song dedicated to him.

http://collect.myspace.com/music/popup.cfm...dAWqR19o3/lC1xU YDpYMXptXOgcz cDNwlGGgfCl DJ2f7vG39BlA==d=MzIxODk4ODgzXjEyMDcxNDI1ODU=

Check it out.

Cheers Alex. It takes as long as it takes to get yourself sorted out. But seriously DONT give it up, you know you can still be involved at the other end, observing etc. You will earn a lot of respect if you do a stint at it and at the same time besides helping the club you are doing it for the sport itself. Good luck. :D

Hey Alex, never mind the feeble excuses - be honest. Now your principal sponsor has let you ride his 250 you've been psyched out by the expectation of achieving great results on such a fantastic machine! On second thoughts, maybe you should have a break until you're man enough to master such awesome performance? :D

I recently broke a finger playing ice hockey. It's much better now, I can ride, but it throbs when its cold. Will this ever go away or is it something I will have to live with?

Well if its anything like mine then yes, you will have to learn to live with it :D Broken finger joints are apparently more likely to develop arthritis when you get older too.