East Midlands Novice/dead Easy Trials Events Info?

rhino

I'm back into trialing after a 23 year absence.

I'm looking to enter a trial, how do you decide what to enter, ie. Wobbler, Novice, Beginner?

How do you find out where Trials are? I found the ACU East Midland events list, but they only state the club, not the location...!?!

I know TMX news has events in it, but I cannot find it in the newsagents and I could do with planning a few weekends well in advance.

Thanks if you can help a late thirties kid ease back into the saddle... (damn, no saddles these days, must get up to speed! :D )

Edited by Rhino

Hi Rhino,

Much like myself, I got back into things after a 20 odd year break a few years back.. and amazingly I found its's still a lot of the same lads doing it now that were doing it back then!

If you were "expert" in your time, you will be very much the "novice" now.. bikes have improved immensley, BUT if you want to ride "twinshocks" or older, as you probably did , try these clubs..

http://www.midlandclassic.co.uk/

http://www.poacherspre65trials.co.uk/

http://www.peakclassic.co.uk/index.htm

Otherwise, IMHO, you couldn't go wrong with the Derby Pathfinders at Clifton, their Saturday night series starts a week on Sunday

Andyrew

'Otherwise, IMHO, you couldn't go wrong with the Derby Pathfinders at Clifton, their Saturday night series starts a week on Sunday'

i agree. its great trial. its near the darley moor race course if i remember rightly. hae you got your ACU licence sorted because they're quite strict. Did you ride epert before?

All East Midland Centre dates are on the website, choose 2008 centre dates from front page. OK that just shows the club but there is also a list of all the clubs from the drop down menu under Home, this lists all contacts with phone numbers, e-mail addresses and websites.

All the clubs should also have a Centre handbook showing all the same info.

Edited by SDC

'Otherwise, IMHO, you couldn't go wrong with the Derby Pathfinders at Clifton, their Saturday night series starts a week on Sunday'

i agree. its great trial. its near the darley moor race course if i remember rightly. hae you got your ACU licence sorted because they're quite strict. Did you ride epert before?

To be honest, I only rode a couple of trials back in the day.

I mainly rode at the farm I used to live on, I doubt I was "Expert".

I reckon beginner and see where it goes from there...

Being in the East Midlands/Derbyshire area you are lucky in so much as there are LOADS of clubs in your area, your have all the East Midlands Clubs and as you are you are also near the Cheshire & North Wales Centre Clubs, who have clubs that run trials around the Macclesfield, Winsford, Congleton & Buxton area.

As previous posts mentioned you are probably best starting off with a "Dead Easy" type event just to get going again, no point tackling anything too daunting when you start out. Remember though, not all trials that advertise having an "easy" route are Easy Trials!!

Any trial specifically aimed at newcomers, people returning to the sport, or those who are just after a good days sport without busting a blood-vessel would be ideal. Usually they will have some mention to "Dead Easy" "Wobblers" etc in the regs.

Manchester17 are running a "Dead Easy" trial this Sunday at Victory Quarry near Buxton, so not too far away, and they can help you get your ACU forms sorted etc etc. Website

Obviously this website & forum is a great place to find out information on forthcoming trials etc and more & more clubs have their own websites with trials calendars on etc.

Rhino,

Sutton Falcons are running a trial at Bracken Rocks near Holloway, Matlock this coming Sunday (6th). Their 'Easy Route' is fine for beginners (anywhere between the tapes so you don't have to worry about flags!)

Mansfield Maun are running a trial at Clipstone, Nr Mansfield on 13th of this month and the following Sunday (20th) at Carsington Pastures near Brasisngton. Their 'Easy Route' is also fine for beginners.

Sheffield & Hallamshire are running a trial at on 27th also at Bracken Rocks and I will be laying the course out with an easy 'Easy Route'.

Hope this helps

PS you've got the right bike!

Many thanks for your replies.

I will be working away for 3 weeks in April :D , so my first chance will be after May Bank Holiday Weekend.

If anyone can recommend any for then, I'm going to get my ACU card sorted and enter one to break my self back in!

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

I'm back from the wilderness and sniffing around for a couple of novice/wobblers trials over May and June.

I've spotted a few trials, but the web information doesn't always say where it is/what time it starts/ does it have novice sections.... :o

Thanks for any info that anyone can give.