'ello 'ello

stecks

Just a quick hello.

I used to ride trails many moons ago. OSSA MAR, then a Green Gripper and finally a Majesty 320 from John Shirt in Buxton.

Really enjoyed the time, 1973 onwards if I remember correctly, as a member of Manchester 17. First person who spoke to me at a trial at a small quarry on Hayfield Road between Chinley and Hayfield, was Dave Rowlands. Super chap and a gentleman, sadly no longer with us. If I recall, Dave Thorpe won the trail with a clean sheet. I struggled to get between the sections let alone get up any of them. Eventually I managed to get the hang of it, but after about 5 years, other interests intervened, and the Yam had to go due to wedding bells...

Enjoying this forum which is excellent. Congrats to whoever set it up, and whoever moderates it.

Riding a Transalp on the road, not sure if I am brave enough at 57 to start trials again, but I am thinking about it...

Cheers all.

Pete Steckles

Rochdale

Hi Pete

Excellent to hear you're still around!!! :rolleyes: Must have ridden a few trials together "back then" eh? I remember the OSSA but had forgotten about the Majesty.

When we going to see you at a Man17 event then? It's the 29th Dave Rowland Trophy Trial on Sunday 13th July, so maybe then? :)

Cheers for now

Rick Stewart

:thumbup: Hi Pete. Yep, not too bad, ta. Less on the top, more round the middle etc. etc. ;):o

No, for some reason, the DRTT isn't in the blue Upcoming Events section on the Man17 site - not sure why not, so I'll give the guy who runs it a heads-up. However, if you move down that column to the bottom, you'll find a small link to a pdf with the club's current trials calendar. If the technomolology works, this link http://www.manchester17.org.uk/Trials_Page...ates%202008.pdf should also take you there. :marky:

You probably remember the Rowland starting from the old Duron Factory on the Ashbourne road, an excellent venue courtesy of the late Norm Eyre. Nowadays it runs from Haslin, also the location for some of our Dead Easy's. OS Grid Ref is SK 065 692. If you go back to the Man17 site, have a look at the strip of links along the top and you'll see one for Trials Venues: Haslin - aka Wrights - is in there, along with a link to a Google Maps satellite view.

As mentioned, date this year is 13th July, start time is usually 9.00am. Sections/route still to be decided but typically includes Haslin, Etchings, Cheeks, Scaurs (opp Cat & Fiddle), Cumberland/Plantation/Clough, Manor Steps, Hawks and Danebower plus a few other misc odds and sodments.

Look forward to seeing you there, if not before.

:lol::o:beer::wall:

Thanks for the link Rick. It worked a treat. :thumbup:

Henry Handlebar event secretary!!! That takes me back.

It would be good to see some old (but perfectly formed...) faces. Will try to get up to Buxton on 13th.

Thanks again for the welcome and the details.

P