Motobecane

mikee

Hi,

I had a quick wobble on that same bike not long ago and reckon its winner and as good as anything on the Pre 65 scene at the moment.

Contact Stuart Brown via BPS-ENG all the contact details are there, he builds the engines so he will fill you in with the info, may even build you a replica, he tells me things are a little quite at the moment...........

• 2 weeks later...

motobecane.jpg

Ok i'm looking for any info anyone has on these bikes.

Am i right in thinking they are French???

Big big thanks for any help..

Hi Mikee

I think you will find this started life as a road bike ,pre 60 could be model Z27c

French made,not 100% sure,but it may start you looking in the right direction for info.

Yes, I have seen several Motobecanes in the Pre65 trial at Kinlochleven. Some mates of Stuart Brown brought them over from France a few years ago, they were quite functional tidy motorcycles. Very nice to study on the Friday morning as they had a good few technical details which I found very interesting.

There is also one being ridden in this years' Pre65 Scottish trial by Spaniard Manuel Casado from the Madrid area, watch out for it! 235cc I think.

Big John

• 3 weeks later...