Most Reliable 125

jack_h

hey all,

im not trying to start a 'my bike is the best thread though what is considered the most reliable 125 bike between 2005 and 2007?

also, what are the common problems with all the bikes?

thanks

Jack

if you are wanting a bike that will perform as well i would have to say Sherco 07...although some of the frames crack rathmels do replace them. as for everything else there is no problems i do also believe that they are the all round best engine power wise for a 125...the gasgas seem only to be good on high revs the scorpa seems to be choked up all the time and the betas seem to soft...i would def say sherco though! :thumbup:

Engine wise the Gas Gas and Beta probably shade it. We've seen a few bottom end problems on the Sherco. The Beta had a few problems with Stators and Gas Gas with Gearbox/clutches. That's it really. The Scorpa may be good on reliability but the bike needs a proper hydraulic clutch. At the end of the day look after whatever you get and you'll get a rewarding bike.

Scorpa had no broken frames or bottom end or gearbox problems. Not heard of CDI stator worries either. Clutch can be on or off but you can ride it a lot without the clutch. Read this months YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE. They gave it the thumbs up. For a clubman the 125 seems friendlier than the 175. Very low maintenance as well, just like my better half. :thumbup:

beta 125's may be notorious for bad carbs, stators but if you get a decent one then its as good if not betetr than any, personally i dont like the sherco and had problems with an old gas gas. cnt speak for scorpas but im sure there good.

all bikes can be reliable and unreliable. luck of the draw i think

Guest majestyman340

No 125 motor is going to run 100% for at top level with no attention.......rings will need changing after approx 4 hrs running, piston 8hrs, and exhaustt need attention after around 10hrs .......................

No 125 motor is going to run 100% for at top level with no attention.......rings will need changing after approx 4 hrs running, piston 8hrs, and exhaustt need attention after around 10hrs .......................

Bull. Our '02 Sherco has just been opened up the first time for new main bearings. Rod was fine as was the piston. Put new rings in just because it was open. No it's wasn't ridden at the World Jr. level but my 180 lb. behind ran the dog poop out of it on the loops for one full year.

Frank

That sounds like a load of rubbish if I'm honest, changing the rings after 4 hours running, how does anybody ever stand a chance of reaching the end of the scottish, might even struggle to ride two club trials without a strip down if that was the case! After 4 hours is it even bedded in?

The majority of bikes will be ridden for two maybe more years with no attention, the riding hours varies, but your suggestions seem a little excessive. Even the handbook, which is written to cover the manufacturers back is much slacker than that.

Not trying to be abusive, just thought that seemed ridiculous.

Bob

EDIT: Oh and the scorpa is the most reliable, but if you want a reliable bike then look after any bike properly and you will be just unlucky if it breaks down.

Edited by bob

Rings after 4 hours!!!!!

Are you meant to do them when you stop for lunch then?? :thumbup:

You have surpassed yourself with Shi ite this time. Alexz Wiggs' bike went a whole season without rings if I remember correctly. I think Julian had an 03 practice bike which had never had rings. Bet the Danbys had the same experience.........

Piastons were never changed I'm sure.

Exhausts were changed only when flattened apart from repaacking, so you are wrong, wrong and wrong!!!

hey all,

im not trying to start a 'my bike is the best thread though what is considered the most reliable 125 bike between 2005 and 2007?

also, what are the common problems with all the bikes?

thanks

Jack

Thought you had a beta 125 Jack?

A Scorpa is not the bike for you, if maintainence is an issue get some one to show you the ropes, I'm sure ypu can do the ordinary stuff yourself, if not I will show you what to do maybe next trial at Nash Mills?