2002 Scorpa Sy250 Or 2006 Sherco 290?

rhino

2002 Scorpa SY250 or 2006 Sherco 290?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. 2002 Scorpa SY250 or 2006 Sherco 290?

• 2002 Scorpa SY250
    • 2006 Sherco 290

As previously posted, I have recently returned to trials after a big lay off, and was never up to much of a standard due to just mucking about on the farm as a kid and not entering trials.

BUT it is now all systems go and I am full of beans and enthusiasm to really have a go at getting a lot of practice in to improve and enter trials.

I currently own the Scorpa and I am enjoying it.

But.... I have the option of getting an immaculate 2006 Sherco 290 for a good price. I have ridden a 2005 Sherco 290 a few times and it feels good.

Is the 290 going to prove to be a bit of a handfull? or is that scare mongering from some quarters?

Help! :thumbup: Your comments would be much appreciated, thanks...

Edited by Rhino

Hey Rhino,

Don't worry about the oomph of a 290 it is an easier bike to ride than the 250 (IMHO).

All of the Shercos I have owned have been very tune-able(de-tune-able?) according to how you set the timing.

Don't despair about getting rid of your Scorpa ,as you pointed out you will still have a use for it....just hitch it up to that muck-spreader on the farm and it will be in it's element!! O-arhh-o-arhh :thumbup:

Cue:-Bombing run from the Scorpa owners club :lol: