Twinshock Mx Debut

davieboy

Only 2 days to go until I make my scrambles debut on my twinshock Husky.I am riding the twinshock support class at the SCRMC scramble at Forfar on sunday.I have never ridden a scramble before in my life!

Wish me luck. I think I am gonna need it.

I rode my first MX/Scrambles last year. And that was just after a year or two of vintage trials. I just try to stay out of people's way, stay upright and get experience.

If you've been riding longer than I have (which isn't difficult to accomplish) you'll do fine.

Unlike in trials, when you fall down in MX you might get run over. Do what I do, stay at the back of the pack. :thumbup:

btw, it is a lot of fun.

Edited by swooshdave

Thanks for the advice Dave,I plan to ride at my own pace and try not to fall off.Looking forward to it though.

What bike did you ride? Pursang?

My friend Graham is also debuting tomorrow on a Mk 7 250 Pursang,I have been preping it for him and had a run out on it last weekend.It has a lot more torque than my 1983 Husky though the Husky has a better top end rush.The Pursang suspension is not so good either.

Mk 6 125

Bike is way better than I'll ever be (but then I can say that about any bike).

I'm almost wondering if I should have gone to a 250 as it would have had more torque as I tiptoe around the track.

If I ever finish my 650 Tri Scrambler I doubt a lack of torque will be my problem. :thumbup:

Only one word can describe the experience.FANTASTIC.

I had a great time,brilliant dry track,sunny day,bike ran faultlessly.

I was slow as a slug mind,the power of my 1983 Husky 250 is awesome but the powerband is like an on/off switch.

I was lapped every one of my 4 races of 8 laps by a guy on a 490 Husky who was awesome,so I only got 7 laps.

I had great fun though,and never fell off once.Nearly,couldn't have been trying hard enough!

I would advise anyone,get yourself a cheap twinshocker and give it a go.

• 5 months later...

• 6 months later...