Cheshire Youth Trial

bikespace

Myself and my lad rode the Cheshire Youth Trial up at Dyserth today, and, similar to my last visit there, they got it spot on in my opinion. We're on opposite routes but we both thoroughly enjoyed it - it might not be reflected in my scores, but I did :P

I live 50 miles away, but if their weather has been anything like ours, they'll have been marking out in the dry, but the heavens opened this morning and it was definitely a WET start to the day. The grass banks held the water beautifully, and the rocks there can get like glass, which made the first lap very slippy. I know they went round and changed a few of them understandably, and it dried out later in the day, but the sections still remained tricky.

Nice to see that although quite a few of the sections are in the same spots as previous trials, they don't just go round sticking flags in the same holes.

One thing they mentioned today is that the land owner charges a fee per rider, but doesn't take it himself, he asks that the club send it direct to his preferred charity. The same applied to the car trial which was going on throughout today, so a great big virtual applause for the landowner - I wish I could remember what charity it was, [Edit: possibly Alder Hay Childrens Hospital] :thumbup:

Well done chaps anyway, a great day out!

Oh, and last but not least, thanks to all the observers, I thought you were going to get a soaking, but it turned out fairly nice in the end. Noticed that quite a few of the observers are there without associated riders, just lending a hand - Albert and Alun Evans that I can name, but I think some others too. THANKS to all of you from all of us :D

Edited by bikespace

• 2 weeks later...

Only just seen this thread, Couldn't agree more with you Bikespace, it's always the same observers that come and help week after week, they never get the recognition they deserve, well done to ALL them.

With out them the trial CAN NOT go on , and I think people don't realize this, and to top it off I often see people who are on there last lap not saying thank you! (you know who you are) Having done a bit of observing my self it's nice when someone says thanks.

Ps, I think I should enter my Piaggio zip 50 in the SSDT........ :banana2: