Taller Bars?

finn

Afternoon,

Anyone know of any aftermarket way of lifting your handle bars on a 315r (1998)?

It seems I'm always looking at the ground - or sitting on it but that's another story.

Regards

Nick.

dscf7611.jpg

Cheers, I'll give them a go.

ps. thanks for the coil, unfortunatly it's a different type although I found one on ebay new so the gasgas should be going for the weekend.

regards

Nick.

I'm 6'2" and I have tried several different options; spacers under the clamps, Renthal 5.5" trials high, Renthal ATV mid, ProTaper trials high, others that weren't worth remembering. The Protapers are the best so far, the ATV mids were pretty good(a little too tall and too much pull back). Spacers moved the bars back too far, I tried rotating the clamps but I couldn't get that to work, I think the dampening adjuster was in the way. I was having trouble falling into turns, taller bars help me to keep my inside shoulder up and helps me to keep my weight back. Makes me wish I was practicing instead of sitting here with my broken leg propped on a pillow. Incedently I broke my leg on a climb that I had no problem with on my '00 315R but was giving a bit of trouble on the 270.

Thanks Neil

Never thought that it would move the bars back - that's the last thing I need - don't wan't to look like I'm on a mini moto.

I will have a look for higher bars (ProTaper) and see how I get on.

Sorry to hear about your tumble, we have a lot of mud over here so nice and soft landings!

Regards

Nick.