My 125 Racing 08

benbeta23

Hi everyone i just got my bike back on friday & i just thought i'd post some pics up of what it looks like now (which i think looks absolutly awsome) please tell me what you think thanks

DSC00536.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

the spec is:

Red rims (powder coated)

S3 titanium front pipe (short)

Kehin carb (which is very good)

Top & bottom Yoke Anodised gold + Sump guard

Renthal fatbars (gold) + fatbar pad

Rear (42t) talon sprocket (gold)

Front Talon Gas Gas sprocket (10t)

Renthal R1 works chain

I think that's about it but i have probably missed something the bike should have the red radiator hoses next week & a new domino throttle

Edited by GasGasben

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Sprockets should be 9/48 as recommended by Gas Gas. And the Dealers Name who "blinged" it up is on the bike!!!!!!!!

NYL's Started as a "standard" 2008 bike but has the Talon Black rear 48 front 9 Sprocket, Renthal Chain, S3 short pipe, Black Renthal Bars, Kehin carb, Ohlins Rear Shock and the Aluminium Front Forks. The Clutch and brake reservoir covers are Red Jitsie's like yours and we have a Red "X-Blok" chain tensioner.

NYL did some of the work and the same dealer as youself did the rest.

Edited by Telecat

I ordered my 08 300 from the same place and they messed me around good and proper, I wanted the wheels and bashplate anodising red and to cut a long story short, after waiting a very long time and after confirming a date of collection for the bike, I turned up to find the bike was standard and the rims hadnt even been spoked and the bashplate hadnt even been anodised.

After asking why the work hadnt been done I was asked "when did you want to pick the bike up?"

I was also told that they had got the bike in the workshop 2 weeks before I picked it up and that the only thing i was waiting for was the rims to be anodised. I later found out that the bike had been brought in the day before I came to pick it up. hence why the bashplate hadnt been done (they didnt even send it off to be anodised as they didnt even have the bike!)

While waiting for 4 - 5 hours while they "blitzed" the PDI on my bike while I went off to get them sandwiches.

I paid the price they asked for the bike and didnt bid a single penny out of it in the hopes I would get top notch service.

Up until now Ive been quiet about what happened but I felt I wanted to share my experience. and to top it off the rims were the wrong colour, but ive kind of taken to them now hehe.

On a lighter note, your bike looks swish. Really like the red frame of the 125's wish they did it in the bigger bikes.

I had the rest of the work on mine done by factory kev at gas gas UK, he did a cracking job and very quickly too. big thanks to him.

take a looksy....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24122878@N02/

S3 front pipe is now dented a few times...................nearly cried....................*sob*

Enjoy your new bike!

All the best

Tom

I ordered my 08 300 from the same place and they messed me around good and proper, I wanted the wheels and bashplate anodising red and to cut a long story short, after waiting a very long time and after confirming a date of collection for the bike, I turned up to find the bike was standard and the rims hadnt even been spoked and the bashplate hadnt even been anodised.

After asking why the work hadnt been done I was asked "when did you want to pick the bike up?"

I was also told that they had got the bike in the workshop 2 weeks before I picked it up and that the only thing i was waiting for was the rims to be anodised. I later found out that the bike had been brought in the day before I came to pick it up. hence why the bashplate hadnt been done (they didnt even send it off to be anodised as they didnt even have the bike!)

While waiting for 4 - 5 hours while they "blitzed" the PDI on my bike while I went off to get them sandwiches.

I paid the price they asked for the bike and didnt bid a single penny out of it in the hopes I would get top notch service.

Up until now Ive been quiet about what happened but I felt I wanted to share my experience. and to top it off the rims were the wrong colour, but ive kind of taken to them now hehe.

On a lighter note, your bike looks swish. Really like the red frame of the 125's wish they did it in the bigger bikes.

I had the rest of the work on mine done by factory kev at gas gas UK, he did a cracking job and very quickly too. big thanks to him.

take a looksy....

S3 front pipe is now dented a few times...................nearly cried....................*sob*

Enjoy your new bike!

All the best

Tom

Were you at Hawks Nest practicing a while back? Your bike looks familiar.

Yup I was =] was there yesterday too, really starting to like the place now. what bike were you riding?

Tom

2007 Raga with a big tank on. Was up there doing 3 days in a row ready for scotland. Bike looks even better in the flesh, especially when compared to my battle scarred bike :thumbup:

2007 Raga with a big tank on. Was up there doing 3 days in a row ready for scotland. Bike looks even better in the flesh, especially when compared to my battle scarred bike :thumbup:

Aye, I remember now, you were the guy I was watching closely for tips whilst wondering "Is this guy going for the SSDT? Thats a bloody big tank!"

Will have to have a chat next time =]

Tom

Aye, I remember now, you were the guy I was watching closely for tips whilst wondering "Is this guy going for the SSDT? Thats a bloody big tank!"

Will have to have a chat next time =]

Tom

I was on a mission to pump my arms up and see if my training is working or not! I'll be back up after scotland, tempted to go on saturday but i have the Novagar on sunday so i'd better not!! :thumbup:

Your Sprockets should be 9/48 as recommended by Gas Gas. And the Dealers Name who "blinged" it up is on the bike!!!!!!!!

NYL's Started as a "standard" 2008 bike but has the Talon Black rear 48 front 9 Sprocket, Renthal Chain, S3 short pipe, Black Renthal Bars, Kehin carb, Ohlins Rear Shock and the Aluminium Front Forks. The Clutch and brake reservoir covers are Red Jitsie's like yours and we have a Red "X-Blok" chain tensioner.

NYL did some of the work and the same dealer as youself did the rest.

Well when i first got my bike in november it came with 9t front and 48t rear but i found that way to slow. So i found i spare 43t in my dad's garage that made the bike quite a bit quicker. But you see the front 9t sprockets are useless because they are so small, after a while they start to make funny noises (simaler to the noise of the chain) so i decided to change the front to a 10t and the rear to a 42t & now it's just right for me it's just how i like it, i found 9 and 48 way to slow.

take a looksy....

Enjoy your new bike!

All the best

Tom

well mate from 2008, on the brand new 250,280,300 raga bikes i think the red frame is standard