Not Happy With Beta

razor

if you get it rewound you wont have it go any more i would not buy a beta stator cause it will go again as for cdi dont pay 90 pound when you can get one off jk hirst for 23 works the same had mine on for a year now still running great and it has a built in coil so no need to buy a coil for the cdi pack and it fits in the frame same place as the beta one

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the bikes have problems, in the last week we have people asking for advice on changing sherco main bearings, why the fan isnt working on their scorpa and how to fix the clutch and gearbox on a gas gas.

Also, some of the Sherco motorcycles has problems with the kick-start kicking back, which sometimes end with a broken kick-start mechanism.

And some of the earlier GasGas's triple clamps has broken pretty easy.

here's a good one! my buddy has recently become a beta dealer in the u.s, i ride sherco and love it, no problems at all (with the bike or with the dealer) his son is riding an 08 and he let me try it out at our first event, it actually worked very well! i was actually almost convinced to switch to beta til the end of the event when i looked at the oil fill site and it went from red to allmost all white? it was overflowing out of the tubes also? this happened on my techno also, but his 08 has about 10 hours of ride time on it, so it already has problems with the coolant getting into the bottom end of the motor and it is brand new! the event was dry with no creek sections so i think i will trust my better judgement and stay with sherco, as much as i like the feel of the beta it's not worth all of the headaches down the road, it's almost like hit or miss with those bikes, you may get a good one or you may not?.........................john

no problems with his bike????????

"HELLO, MY 06 2.9 IS A REAL PAIN TO GET STARTED WHEN I DON'T RIDE IT FOR A WHILE, IT IS STORED INDOORS AND WARM,I JUST DON'T GET IT ? IT HAS THE RIGHT JETS AND EVERYTHING, IT IS JUST A PAIN (ON MY LEG) SEEMS LIKE IT IS LEAN IF I NEED TO CHOKE IT TO START IT ONCE WARM? ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT, I JUST WANT TO WORK OUT ALL THE BUGS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS! THANKS!..................................JOHN "

Funny John, I have not heard from this person , I am sure that Ken would call me Immediately with an 08 problem .. .. I am sure I would have heard of an issue .. and if it is true and an 08 then I would most likely cover it under warranty if there is no external damage to the case.. Beta has the least amount of issues that I have seen .. but hey everyone is entitled to there opinion..

Edited by Ron

jon michael is too busy testing out his drivers liscense to change out the old fluid and try new to see if water got in there somehow, but as far as my sherco not starting, jerry (young) had the carb set up really lean and he filed the slide, he swapped me his 07 carb for my 06 and the bike starts second kick cold, even in the winter, i'm not knocking beta at all , actually i'm considering a brand change but i want to be sure they are trust worthy, his 07 he sold was about beat after a season,(his beta) i want a bike i can keep for years and have minimal maintenance, my sherco is that way but i really like the way the beta performs, i had a 99 techno that couldn't be beat, actually i bought about 4 cooling fans from you, i just needed something newer and sherco was what i got, i just had a few concerns about the fluid being pink, my techno did that and the impellar fan was stripped and the coating from the inside was bunched up around it, and i needed to replace the seal to the motor, the problem just seemed similar, but as far as function and performance, sign me up for one next year!

John,

Spoke to john michaels dad , nothing wrong with bike , they caused problem themselves not changing oil before the event after they had ridden in practice in some" incredibly deep water" his words.. You do understand that a tiny drop of water can make oil foam.. anyway I do not believe you will find a more reliable bike than the new Beta models .. yes the techno fans went bad.. not a beta problem, a supplier problem .. the same fan was on the gasgas and they had failure issues too.. good luck.. Stators have been resolved .. knock on wood... it is important to either blow out the mag case with air or spray with wd -40 after preassure washing to keep water from sitting in the cover.. just seems to be a easy precaution.. have a great season..

Another non problem solved ! I've had very good luck with my beta's over the years.

I agree Ron, my brother has two Beta's, one he uses for search and rescue. They are good bikes in my opinion.

Jon

Had my 05 for just over two years with no mechanical problems at all... apart from me not doing the flywheel nut up tight enough once and i sheared the key!!

Had my 08 for 6 months nearly and still no troubles at all... almost all the guys i ride with have now got Beta's and non of us have had any troubles. One common thing, we all have yamaha style kill switches and have the flywheel covers drilled. And the pre 08 models have had the carbs done... mainly by me ;) Reason i tart mine up with bling is so that i have an excuse to do some work on it!!! :D

what did you do to the carbs? and have you got a picture of the hole in your flywheel cover?

although i was/am not happy with beta, im looking to buy an 08 (as soon as i get the stater and CDI sorted to sell the 04)