Tubeless Versus Tubed.

oldnslo

I did a search but couldn't find an answer. I'm looking at a Michelin X-11 tubeless tire and an X-11 tubed tire. For the life of me I don't really see a difference.

Somebody please educate me, what is the difference?

Thanks.

I think not much, but the bead area is designed slightly different for the tubeless. Best I understand, you can run a tubeless tire WITH a tube on either! But you cannot install a tube type on a tubeless rim and expect it to hold. :thumbup:

I think not much, but the bead area is designed slightly different for the tubeless. Best I understand, you can run a tubeless tire WITH a tube on either! But you cannot install a tube type on a tubeless rim and expect it to hold. :thumbup:

You'll be doing well to find a tubed trials tyre these days, less manufacturers have them in their range.

In the past I've used both with a tube inside on my DRZ400 (for trail bike trials) with no problems, but don't try putting a tubed tyre on a tubless rim. First time you ride away it will tear the valve out.

I have always used tubeless, (now using dunlop as they stay on the rim better) if you get a puncture you can simply fix it with dog turds no need to mess around getting the tube out and trying to find the hole, and if dog turds dont work then you can stick a tube in it, so you have 2 back-ups with a tubeless, where as changing the tube or rapairing the old one take a bit longer with a tubed.

Don't know what the difference in terms of tyre construction.

please could someone paste a link to a supplier i can get "dog turds" from.

i really do want the puncture repair ones, but any comedy replies will be well received.

cheers

paul :banana2:

Edited by paul w