Techno Revs Hanging

bugsy25

Recently bought a 96 Techno to learn the ropes on and are really enjoying it, one annoying problem is that the revs are hanging and it doesn't close off quick enough

ticks over nicely though, just takes a while to come down, annoying half way up a climb as it gets ahead of me.

I have checked its air tight around the inlet,someone has suggested it could be the crank seals starting to leak, any advice would be appreciated, also do you have to completely split the cases to change seals or can they be done by removing flywheel etc ?

Bugsy

Thanks for the reply, yep have checked the cable and stripped,cleaned carb, snaps shut real easy and after nipping holes in balance pipes doesnt leak

(unless you leave fuel on)

not sure what to try next as does tick over well, just takes a while to drop off revs and this can be a pain when you are still a novice, any advice on the crank seals anyone, or what about reeds ?

if the seals were bad when you give it gas it would bog and run crappy on idle, but when you rev it, it would run fine, sounds like a carb issue to me? i had a 99 techno with a similar problem, what fuel are you using? my bike ran like crap with just pump gas, it would ping and run kinda like you are describing,i bought some vp red racing fuel (wich is 105 octane) and mixed it half with pump gas and it instantly ran great, check the slide on your carb, make sure it moves freely, and make sure the spring that sets in the slide isn't wrapped around the cable, that is known to make the throttle stick a bit, it's worth checking cause sometime you will crack it wide open and it will stay there! very scary!!!!.......john