Godden Majesty Pics

scrumpyjack

Not sure but the fuel filler on your tank is same as the French replica tanks, where the UK bikes were the other side I think. Pitleys is other side for sure (alloy tank) The fibreglass tanks are smaller as well. ;)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fibreglass tanks are repro copies of the original type alloy mini-majesty tanks which were smaller than the 250 tanks. The original 250 tanks can have the filler cap on either side, no idea why. The person that made them for Shirty lives a stone's throw from me so I'll remember to ask him one day. Maybe he fitted the top part upside down on some of them reversing the side the filler is on....

The alloy tanks for sale on the French site are new repro alloy tanks, presumably to go with the repro frames that Magical had made. Not sure if they are full size or mini tanks. The mini tanks look much neater on the 250 bikes and give it a slimmer look than the original. Only problem is the amount of fuel they hold for road trials, particularly on the 320, you need your petrol stops planned as they are a bit thirsty.

I've seen a few chrome framed Majesties around, had one once. Looks nice when it's new but doesn't wear well and if you have to have any welding repairs done if anything breaks it makes a mess of it. Had an Ossa frame chromed once and really wished I hadn't bothered afterwards.

Not sure but the fuel filler on your tank is same as the French replica tanks, where the UK bikes were the other side I think. Pitleys is other side for sure (alloy tank) The fibreglass tanks are smaller as well. ;)

I never even noticed that before, mine is definately the original tank, maybe its because its a late model?? frame number: 82 09146

We need a Majesty expert....lol

Scrumpy

The alloy tanks for sale on the French site are new repro alloy tanks, presumably to go with the repro frames that Magical had made. Not sure if they are full size or mini tanks. The mini tanks look much neater on the 250 bikes and give it a slimmer look than the original. Only problem is the amount of fuel they hold for road trials, particularly on the 320, you need your petrol stops planned as they are a bit thirsty.

Here is what one of the French aluminium replica tanks looks like on a 250 Godden Majesty

Here is what one of the French aluminium replica tanks looks like on a 250 Godden Majesty

Looks nice, only the engine cases give it away, Is the frame lemon or is it just the picture?

cmon keep the pics coming ;)

Scrumpy

Nice bike Frenchie. Good job Majestyman 340s had the boot, he may have a whinge about that front end. Exactly the same has been grafted into my bike..... You know it makes sense. ;)

Do We not think that things are getting a little out of hand for the price of a new petrol tank I have recently bought a complete running 200 fantic for my son. Where is it all going to end....... To own or restore a Majesty is it a case now of cheque book trialing...........