Enduro-cross In Mi On June 7

We are having Event #1 of our three part Magic Racing Enduro-X series on Saturday June 7 in Rose City MI. Format is Run What Ya Brung! Trials bikes, Harleys and off road bikes welcome. No Mini's or quads. Classes are divided into skill levels A-B-C. Practice begins at noon. First Heat race is at 2:00 pm Finals should end around 7:00pm. Here are two links for more info. Pre registration is allowed. AMA membership is required.

Feel free to e-mail Keith for more info

kja5705@hotmail.com

http://www.bentwheels.com

http://www.bentwheels.com/events/2008enduroxflyer.doc

To those of you who were not able to make this event last year let me tell you that you missed out!

The Bent Wheels guys are a class act and put alot of hard work into the track so that the riders could have a great day...and that we did!

The track is layed out so that both Novice and Expert riders can enjoy themselves.

Of course I have not seen this years track but I am sure it will only be better.

Mark it down as a must if you can fit it in your schedule.

Now that I said that I think I have to miss it due to our Metamora Trials the following day....Dang!

Thanks Scott! We will miss ya on June 7. We are having the other events on Wed July 9 (in conjunction with Ogemaw Bike Week) and Sat Aug 23. Hope you can make it to those.

KA

Hey KJAX,

quick reference to other thread, Yep I had the witch doctor over at my section at 11:59 to put that Hex on it. B)

OK real posting time,

I am considering trying the Endurocross thing. Well really just thinking about it. Any ways here is my problem.........I don't have an MX bike or Enduro bike, So If I use my Sherco 2.9 and crash :D and break something (the way I ride high possibility) I am oh so screwed for riding the MOTA event on June 8th.

I do have a 1986 Honda TLR200 Reflex. (with lights) first question, How would this bike fair on the E-Cross course?

Second question, How would I fair riding this bike in the lowest skill level class?

Hey KJAX,

quick reference to other thread, Yep I had the witch doctor over at my section at 11:59 to put that Hex on it. B)

OK real posting time,

I am considering trying the Endurocross thing. Well really just thinking about it. Any ways here is my problem.........I don't have an MX bike or Enduro bike, So If I use my Sherco 2.9 and crash :D and break something (the way I ride high possibility) I am oh so screwed for riding the MOTA event on June 8th.

I do have a 1986 Honda TLR200 Reflex. (with lights) first question, How would this bike fair on the E-Cross course?

Second question, How would I fair riding this bike in the lowest skill level class?

Hey Zippy, You are thinking way too extreme here. The worst that happened to anyone last year was Scott and that was a slice in his sidewall of his rear tire. It's not really such a bike bike thrasher. I rode B class at a steady pace, remember I'm the old guy who heals s l o w l e y. I think you should bring both bikes and ride the Sherco in practice. Then you will know how it feels. I am guessing it will be muddy, in which case the trials bikes will have a big advantage. Good example is the short way up over the rock pile ( a piece of cake for you) or a long way around for the all the other C class guys on their dirt bikes. We are a retty relaxed group, so if you signed up in C and saw your competition was really slow, you could step it up to B (as long as the the heat races had not yet begun) or you could sign as B and step down to C. I would say the you have a very relaistic chance of a top three in C class, maybe even in B, but I am guessing that will be a much bigger class this year. Of course I have no idea who might sign up, as it is on the honor system and sand baggers are out there at every event. I'll buy you Gatorade!

Zip Zip,

Do not trash out that very cool HONDA! :D

Ride the Sherco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Sam!

Are you riding in this?

If so what class?

I know that my fat gut should have a slight advantage over your skills on the mountain bike. hahahahaha

Yes that was a challange! I have not thrown all of those trips to Rays away... (i hope)

--Biff

Zippy

Don't over think it, it is nothing more than a long NOV - INT section. What makes it difficult is trying to ride it at a faster rate.

Most guys in the B - C class will arm pump so you could actually maintain a safe pace

at the beginning and catch the faster guys (if they are faster?) on the last couple of laps.

It's a fun event and is not a bike basher at all. I really don't see how you could hurt anything on the bike.. I agree take both if you want but I think

you will end up on the Sherco. Plus hey if you break parts I need the business right..

Sure sounds like fun, Sherco would be best.

Biff, Sam,

You gonna ride?

Sam,

You're right would be a shame to hurt that pretty Honda.

firstgear Posted Today, 02:26 PM

you will end up on the Sherco. Plus hey if you break parts I need the business right..

I knew you had an ulterior motive. Haven't I bought enough this season???? Oh wait still many events to go so probably not yet.

Don't look to seriously for me to be there, I may have just been doing some wishful thinking.

Don't look to seriously for me to be there, I may have just been doing some wishful thinking.

Sounds like Joe may go as well, hope you can too...

Heading up this weekend to work on the course as well as preliminary work for the two day trials in Aug. The trials will be great this year- we are using all of the property- thats over 160 acres. Great big steel cylinder to be added to the E-Cross , it's about 12' long and 5 or 6' in diameter. Let's see a DRZ 400 go over that! (A DRZ400 won the C class last year) C'mon Zip you can show em' how! I'm ordering the trophies today, they are way cool castings with a bike climbing over a rock! I might just put your name on one of em......

HAHAHAAHAHAHA

the last big steel cylinder I tried to ride over I fell backwards and bent my bars. :D HAHAHAHA

Are you trying to drum up business for Firstgear? B)

Would you really want to defile a trophy by putting MY name on it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

After all that- guess who needs a set of bars for his Sherco??? It really wasn't my fault (isn't that what I'm supposed to say right now?) Hey Scott, hope you can get them before next Wed. I'll come and pick em up, or we can meet. I won't be at Windsor- Good luck guys. Hope to see you at Rose City next Sat.

Zippy

Don't over think it, it is nothing more than a long NOV - INT section. What makes it difficult is trying to ride it at a faster rate.

Most guys in the B - C class will arm pump so you could actually maintain a safe pace

at the beginning and catch the faster guys (if they are faster?) on the last couple of laps.

It's a fun event and is not a bike basher at all. I really don't see how you could hurt anything on the bike.. I agree take both if you want but I think

I was just thinking as I read this previous post from Scott- Joey and Biff were up last week as we worked on the Endurocross course and they rode in a few segments...Looking at Joe's bike and how hard he rides- You can hurt your bike- but at Joe's level I'm not too worried about the rest of us. Joe is gonna ride A- and he stands a good chance of winning. There are two small double jumps at each end of the "Goodyear Highway". Most everyone rolls them (except A class) They are not a big thing on a moto bike, espescially for better riders, but it was very cool watching Joe whip it just a little sideways and land all the way thru the second double .... on his Sherco.