2007 Beta 270 Fan Problem

madcr500

My mate has a problem i am hoping you can help with.

His fan is not coming on. He has tested the fan with a car battery and it spins fine. he decided to wire the fan with a switch but when he connects the live (which he has checked IS a live) to the fan and the other fan wire to earth the fan wont work. The fan motor is fine and the live is live. The earth is good so why on earth wont it spin???????

my guess would be the thermo switch on the rad.

if you remove the two connectors from the switch and then cross them over with a piece of wire, when the bike is running the fan should spin.

however you must remove the conectors from the bike before you start otherwist it wont work.

hope this helps

max

The fan is a DC motor and if the bikes rectifier is shot, you can have AC volts applied and the fan will not run! :D

You can jump the switch to find out, but if it still does not work, try the rectifier! B)

Edited by copemech

The fan is a DC motor and if the bikes rectifier is shot, you can have AC volts applied and the fan will not run! :D

You can jump the switch to find out, but if it still does not work, try the rectifier! B)

Cheers copemech. I have sent that to him.

I'll let you all know how he solves it.

Alright mate

The same thing has just happended to mine and after endless testing and checking we discovered the Stator is away only on the regulator side this is unusual but does happen the bike will run as if it is fine but the fan won't spin and you'll also not be getting anyway lights, horn etc etc. This happended to my bike on the last day of the SSDT and had to nurse it home from pipeline across a real stinky moor !!! She's ok now though and i finished !! Happy Days !! John Lampkin will sort you out regardless of the prob !

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I had a similar problem from new, tried all the usual crossing wires & new thermostats etc (3 off), only to find out it was a bad earth that holds the rectifier to the frame just behind the radiator,

Cleaned up, now works fine.

Tone