Uk Fuel Duty.

boofont

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep it has vat, just like everything, so lets say they cut the cost of fuel and then you have an extra quid in your pocket.

Then you spend that and hey ho thats got vat aswell so you pay vat on fuel or summat else it makes no difference, government still get the vat.

Fair point of course but fuel could be regarded as a household essential. People can always cut back on non essential items to save money but fuel, not quite the case I think.

IMHO <_<

Or have we just been spoilt with cheap living for the last 10 years???

And the reason for cheap living was cheap credit... and lots and lots of it! Coming back to bite now though.... as expected <_<

And the reason for cheap living was cheap credit... and lots and lots of it! Coming back to bite now though.... as expected <_<

Exactly.

Self infliction come's to mind,now someone like myself that has avoided the carrot over the last 10 year's now has to find way's of getting around that other's have inflicted on me.

Edited by bilc0

I expected this to rattle a few cages . No offence <_<

Seriously for a moment, if we are talking about hospitals, then the government invested many hundreds of millions in employing unnecessary positions in bureaucracy, particularly in management staff. These people ensure that the hospitals meet the government targets and report on them. They come up with devious and cunning plans to ensure they meet these targets even though it doesn't improve the service to you and I. Get rid of these jobs and jobs like them in other areas. We don't need them, we don't want to pay taxes for them, and ultimately, give us the money back in a reduction in taxes .

By the way, the government can have little direct impact on the price of oil in the open market. What it can do however, is ensure it is using our taxes prudently. Something that I , and many others would argue it's not !

Rant over :(

This may be your view but dont kid yourself its factually correct, its the same cheap shot many people make. Yes the Govermant has invested many millions but it has not been spent entirely on non medical staff, or to use your word bureaucrats. What annoys non medical staff is the assumption by the masses that everyone but medical staff are non essential bureaucrats.

By way of explanation just a couple of issues for you, hopefully non confrontational.

Consultants, obviously a very valuable resource and very expensive to train, so how is their time best spent ? Should Consultants be ordering dressings and drugs from suppliers or operating on you and I ?

A Consultants time is best spent in my view in an operating theatre operating on a patient, thats what they are trained for. Hospitals have supplies departments which employ people who get the right drugs dressings and implants to the right place at the right time 99.9% of the time. Would you classify these people as bureaucrats ?

Nurses, not as expensive as consultants but essential to any care pathway pre and post op.

Some of the money set aside for recruiting bureaucrats has had to be spent on improving facilities as unfortunately there were no bureaucrats left to recruit. If we are building a hospital wing which will run to

VAT is the only place the government can help and there is a push in the EU to do exactly that. The extra earnings from VAT on fuel was reported by our government as being something in the region of

10p a litre in the UAE. However as at some point in the future I will come back home I have signed the petition.

I reckon its cheaper to fill up my car in Dubai than it is to fill my 1.6 litre 4RT flat tank in the UK. lol

Edited by Cota Kid

getting the vat stopped for a while is the only answer !! the government have just had an annual budget and when they had that budget the price of fuel was no where near the price today, so that darling? mr darling(or should we say mr brown) have had a massive wind fall in extra revenue from the massive hike in fuel prices its about time this so called LABOUR government did some thing for the average joe in the streets !!!! but i wont hold my breath :banana2:

getting the vat stopped for a while is the only answer !! the government have just had an annual budget and when they had that budget the price of fuel was no where near the price today, so that darling? mr darling(or should we say mr brown) have had a massive wind fall in extra revenue ....

Aren't they spending all that on trying to sort out the 10p tax rate change they took away.. then put back.. sort of :banana2:

Then there is the 2 wars to fund and all the money that has been p*****g out of the country that the Polish have been sending home and not spending here.(even got their own shops) Good for the economy, I think not just another nail in the coffin. But you can't blame them as our wasters did not want to do the work and the government were too soft. Coming back to haunt them now though...... :banana2: Also did you see the British olympic commitee awarded a badge making contract to a chinese firm.......What chance have you got with that sort of thing happening :thumbup:

PS they will not cut VAT it is a lucrative source and boy they need all they can get......No favours.

Edited by bo drinker

Aren't they spending all that on trying to sort out the 10p tax rate change they took away.. then put back.. sort of :thumbup:

Well, about six weeks ago when the 10p tax rate change kicked off I read that it was going to cost 2.7 billion which would be borrowed. At around the same time I read that since the huge rise in fuel (and the price has risen moch more now!) the treasury had taken 7 million extra! So, although I'm no maths guru, I can work out that we should have 4.3 billion spare kicking around... So where has that gone then if we have to borrow to sive the rebate?

I'm so angry with this govenment, don't get me started on the expenses thing! :banana2: