First Trials Bike

brents

I started riding off road bikes when i was 6 (mainly scramblers and enduro style bikes) but stopped when i was around 15/16 and i am now 22. The one style of bike i've always loved and wanted to try is trials...yet i've never had the chance Until now :D

I've got between 1000 and 1500 pound to spend on a decent trials bike that is going to be used for fun in woods and local trails. I have always loved the gas gas bikes and have been looking at the txt 250. WOuld this be a good trials bike to start on? The biggest bike i have been on before is 200cc. I'm open to other bikes like a sherco & beta etc. What year would i be looking at for that money?

Cheers guys :(

p.s. im 11 stone if that is going to make a bi difference on what bike to get.

Hi,

I have just returned to trials after 10 yrears away. Like you I didnt have a clue what to buy.

I took loads of advice and ended up with a 315r mont.

2nd choice would be a scorpas.

Stay clear of gas gas(poor build, nowt fits , not made to last.)

Also every trial I have been to, someone has been pushing a Beta and most have trouble with water leaks.

Go to a trial and talk to people and ask what is for sale.

Good luck.

:( Hi,i had the same problem last year,my in-laws have a gasser and a beta,i didn't fancy either,got a beaut of a 315 mont,best thing i've bought in years! They're solid,reliable and very easy to learn on,just put a slow throttle on,and go for it!!!!!!!! Ps my mate has a scorpa,dropped it,hit the fuel cock,split the tank-new one