Flat Tank - French 4 Day

hughesy

Hi, I'm off to ride in the French 4 Day again in a couple of weeks and was wondering whether anyone rode last year and used a flat tank, if so how did you manage for petrol? I remember seeing a pic in YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE of Dave Pye riding last years event and would like to know how he managed for juice. I'm relectant to put the old tank back on but don't want to be pushing a Mont with a flat tank! That said I do plan to carry petrol in my Camelbak.

Yes I rode the French 4 day trial with David Pye, both of us with flat tanks. We carried three 0.5L bottles between us in a rucksack but generally only used 1 each.

As the course uses a figure of 8 for the first 3 days you get the opportunity to return to your vehicle to top up and top the bottles up aswel.

I didnt run out and it was no problem carrying the fuel in a small rucksack which you need for drinks and tools anyway.

The price of vanity 500gms! Bargain! I'm unable to look good, so the next best thing is to make the bike look good :) If it wasn't in my Camelbak, the weight of the extra fuel would be in the standard larger capacity tank, the best bit though, is I'll take the Camelbak off for riding sections, so I'll actually be saving weight!

It's not like it's the Scottish or anything, the French 4 day as you know Dabster, is a relaxed affair with time to have a laugh and enjoy yourself. The bottom line is that after spending that much on a tank I really can't bring myself to put the standard one back on!

Edited by Hughesy