Montesa Owners Club?

steve

Hi all,

I have always had a lot of affection for twinshock Montesa's. I had a Cota 123 as a kid and rode my Dad's 247 whenever I could. I now have a Cota 330 which I hope to compete on soon. However it seems really difficult to find information about the bikes. I had a little browse through these forums and there are lots of posts like - Where can I get spares for my..... or how much oil should my Montesa have in the forks etc...

Is there an owners club? If there is I haven't found it yet. There is some good stuff on www.southwestmontesa.com but obviously it is a commercial business. I am thinking of somewhere where information can be collated and shared to help keep these fantastic old bikes running. Where owners can help each other with advice and perhaps even parts.

I recently bought a Bultaco and found it much easier to source parts an info for this. There is a club Bultaco -http://www.clubbultaco.com

These guys even run their own Trials for Bultaco owners and of course they are sponsored by Butacouk who has fantasic spares for Bultaco owners.

What do you guys think? Are you happy with what's already out there, or do you think there's a need for something better?

The Montesa Yahoo Group is ok, but there isn't much volume there.

But as for an official club, I haven't heard of one. There's SMOG but that poor antiquated organization hasn't made the jump to the digital world.

A Bultaco-only trials, I'm jealous.

Great idea Steve - I am currently doing a `ground up` total restoration of a 348 and it has been a bit of a struggle to aquire all original parts and because there is no repair / clymer manual available (not that i have found) things do take a bit longer.

Hi Steve, Best to join the Montesa yahoo group meantime, as swoosh says its been a bit quiet recently, but there is a few very knowledgable members in the group. Most of the real Montesa info/parts etc is Spanish based . Which is to be expected i s'pose...

P.S if i aint phoned you re. airbox by monday night remind me by email

S_M.

• 14 years later...

You find good Interest groups on Facebook for that purpose, as I have a 242, why I am in the 242 group which indeed has a lot of information depending that model.

But isn't this forum and especially this department all about Montesa bikes too?

Thus I would like to have all information here and if I can would contribute to this Forum if in need first.

So what information do you need?