Carbon Protection Parts

jmlfin

Hi

I wonder does anyone have bad or good experiences of different manufacturers that supply these carbon "tuning protection parts"? Why I ask this is that I have ordered these parts from three different manufacturers and need to say that quality varies too much. Prices arent that different but still for example my exhaust protection plate from a Italian Montesa Team manufacturer (cant remember the name... ooh) was really poor. I needed to enlarge the bolt holes and when I finally managed to mount it I noticed that it was sticking from the framework 2 cm out so that my leg was scratching it. Also the material was not like expected. It went "grey" as the outer membrane of the material got loose in a matter of few hours. I didnt mind the looks but the sticking edge was quite uncomfortable. I decided to order new exhaust plate from JT7 and got it today. Mounted it few hours ago and its like it would have been manufactured by the Montesa factory. Its really that much better.

At the same time I received tank cover and both "cheek" carbon plates from Mitani. Tank protector is mounted and it fitted like a glow. I dont know about these cheek covers, but if they fit as nicely as they look, I shouldnt be worried.

Btw. Does anyone know can these "cheeks" be mounted without taking the cheek plates completely away which means naturally oil changes to both sides? Mitani had only Japanies instructions with it and I still wonder if the material is really that strong that it can hold the pressure these bolts should be tightened against the motor (I mean that the bolts wont "screw" the protectors material and get loose damaging motor as oils comes out).

I know that I might sound over protective, but dont like to do anything stupid with my new 2008 4RT