Tony Scarlet

andat

It's especially pleasing to see that he jumped straight back in at the deep end, ie on the hard route, which he is obviously capable of mastering Some previous aces have been happy to stage a return by dominating easy route classes, which of course they have every right to do but which doesn't necessarily challenge their skills.

Tony Scarlett....... even at age 45 the name still sends shivers down my spine. He will still eat you all for breakfast. He could make grown men cry on his beaten up TY80. I look forward to seeing him soon.

It's especially pleasing to see that he jumped straight back in at the deep end, ie on the hard route

Ha - what else - he could have done the easy route on a unicycle - even after all this time, a world ranked rider wouldn't worry too much about hard sections in a club trial.

Had the pleasure of speaking with him and seeing him ride at the weekend - its a privelige watching a trials genius at close quarters - instantly took me back quarter of a century. Nice bloke too.

Ha - what else - he could have done the easy route on a unicycle - even after all this time, a world ranked rider wouldn't worry too much about hard sections in a club trial.

Had the pleasure of speaking with him and seeing him ride at the weekend - its a privelige watching a trials genius at close quarters - instantly took me back quarter of a century. Nice bloke too.

And he would probably have won it on that TY330 he used to ride too......

• 3 weeks later...

Yip he's back and from what I saw of him riding a 2T Beta last Sunday, he has lost none of his fine trials riding skills!

I watched (and spoke) to Tony at the Huddersfield Falcons Club championship trial. I was "assistant observer" at section 2 (a graded section) with my friend and host Nigel Greenwood; and Tony S actually rode the graded section feet up!

It was no mean feat either as it was a absolute pig of a section which had a huge great rut in the middle, the depth was up to filler cap height on a Sherco!

Tony eyed it up on lap two and wound the Beta up to peak revs and launched the thing, he jumped over the rut and literally flew up the section! Brilliant!

Nice to see an old hand return just to enjoy himself. I don't think he knows about Trials Central though!

Big John