Dellorto Phbl 26 - Standard Settings?

beta bodger

Hi a mate of mine has a Sherco 02 290 with a Dellorto PHBL 26 carb attached - I assume this is standard. The bike stalls quite often and I think its out of tune. So does anyone have any links to the standard settings e.g what tang heights/needle notches should be?

Any help setting up this carb would be appreciated. :hl:

Hi a mate of mine has a Sherco 02 290 with a Dellorto PHBL 26 carb attached - I assume this is standard. The bike stalls quite often and I think its out of tune. So does anyone have any links to the standard settings e.g what tang heights/needle notches should be?

Any help setting up this carb would be appreciated. :hl:

First step is to clean it thououghly, jets should be somewhere between 33-36 on the pilot and 118-122 on the main, with needle in 3rd groove as I recall! ^_^

Tangs level!

Edited by copemech

• 6 months later...

• 2 years later...

Wrong ignore this go to the sherco site

Hmm.... Just stripped my PHBL 26BS to clean it for the 1st time and see what pilot jet is fitted - 30. I've ordered a 33 and I'm pondering about this here float height. It's running fine at the moment, except for some stalling issues, so if I can't find where on the tang to take the measurement I'll give in. I'm running a 122 main by the way.

The tang itself is nowhere near parallel.

Aha, found this - very useful

https://www.splatshop.co.uk/2010-2011-sherco-preparation

Peter

Hmm.... Just stripped my PHBL 26BS to clean it for the 1st time and see what pilot jet is fitted - 30. I've ordered a 33 and I'm pondering about this here float height. It's running fine at the moment, except for some stalling issues, so if I can't find where on the tang to take the measurement I'll give in. I'm running a 122 main by the way.

The tang itself is nowhere near parallel.

Aha, found this - very useful

https://www.splatshop.co.uk/2010-2011-sherco-preparation

Peter

tangs should be parallel gently bend.