Aprilia Climber Manuals

tonyg

Recently purchased a climber 280 on line and i was wondering if any members had managed to find any manuals regaring this bike either on download or purchase.it seems the only info i can find seems to be on this forum.i know this bike is approx 1989 but surely there must be info out there reference oil/fuel mix, oil to be used in gearbox etc.also where to get spare parts, when i bought this bike it came with loads but where do you get brake pads from?

any tips or info would be a great help!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi tony,

I'm sure some of the lads with Aprilia's will answer this for you, but here are a few ideas:

Fuel/oil ratio 50:1

Gearbox oil, not sure but an ATF would be ok.

I think the brakes would be Brembo, Galfer pads, same as fitted to early 90's Gas Gas will still be available.

Strong pulling motor, heavy bike from memory.

Bye, PeterB.

THE OWNERS MANUAL I HAVE IS FROM A 1993 BIKE (WATERCOOLED)

Quote "fill the fuel tank with a blend of super gasoline ron min .98 and 3%synthetic oil(5L PETROL/150CCOIL)

run for 20 hours or 500km during the running in period. afterwards use ablend of super gasoline ron min.98 and 2%synthetic oil (5L PETROL 100CC OIL)"

Gear box and primary transmission 1400cc (engine gear oil mobilland universal/mobilube shc)

if it is the same as my bike it is quicker to remove the petrol tank to get to the filler point and the level indicator is in the left hand side of the bike on the clutch housing ,remove alan bolt fill until oil is level with hole ,i could never fit in 1400 cc . the oil drain underneath is a alan bolt as well DO NOT REMOVE THE BOLT NEXT TO THIS, THE KICK START ASSEMBLY WILL FALL APART if your bike dose not have a drilled hole in the bash plate to remove the oil plug its worth doing this so next time you dont have to remove it .

for the brake pads look on ebay, but try to use your local bike shop

Steve

• 3 weeks later...