Clutch Rattle

dabomb

I think this topic has been covered before,but i`ve just had a quick look through the gasgas forum and the info isnt there.

My sons 03 gasgas 125 pro has a clutch rattle.Clutch works fine etc.There is a slight bit of play where the clutch plates sit in the basket,and the fingers are loose(this explains why the rattle goes when clutch lever is is pulled),but other than that i cant find anything.The clutch is new.

Although everything is working fine,the rattle annoys me.

Any thoughts/ideas? :wall:

Cheers

I think this topic has been covered before,but i`ve just had a quick look through the gasgas forum and the info isnt there.

My sons 03 gasgas 125 pro has a clutch rattle.Clutch works fine etc.There is a slight bit of play where the clutch plates sit in the basket,and the fingers are loose(this explains why the rattle goes when clutch lever is is pulled),but other than that i cant find anything.The clutch is new.

Although everything is working fine,the rattle annoys me.

Any thoughts/ideas? :wall:

Cheers

If the rattle disappears when the clutch lever is pulled in, that's normal and probably the fingers from what I can guess (my 02's done it since new and no problems ever with the clutch). If the noise still maintains some volume, you might look at the needle bearings in the clutch basket hub or possibly the thrust bearing on the top hat servo cylinder.

Jon.