Air Filter Oils

copemech

I posted this question down the line in another thread, but seems nobody read it! Or Knows?

I do believe it worth checking into! Just because it does work! I guess Mr Honda thought the same! :wall:

I am qurious to know if the same air filter cleaning and oiling products as offered here now by Honda are used there in UK.

It is basically the No-Toil products, of water based bio- degradeable, cleaner(powder) and a special high tack oil that is easily emulsified by the cleaner? And easier on the foam filter it seems.

I have used it for years now, long before I found it on the shelf at the local Honda shop. The pair of bottles lasts me all year for your = to about 7-8 quid!

A bit of hot water in a small tub, whith the cleaner will do me twoor three filters just fine, blow dry, then apply the oil and squeeze out the excess. Done, bag them for later use. Dump the soapy water and dirt!

If I use something like the PJ1 filter oil, I still seem to need a solvent such as petrol or mineral spirits to get them clean, not only a pain, but unless you have permanant maintained wash tanks in the shop, you have to do something with the solvent! Not good for the average person!

Edited by copemech

Hi Copemech

Yes we can buy Notoil here in OZ. The local Yamaha dealer gave me a sample pack to try for feedback a few years ago. I found it works well when freshly applied, but dries out much faster than the normal air filter oils. Yes it's more convienient and probably more environmentally friendly, but if a bike only get ridden once in a while, then you need to do the air filter service close to when you want to ride, rather than servicing it at the most convienient time.

David

I posted this question down the line in another thread, but seems nobody read it! Or Knows?

I do believe it worth checking into! Just because it does work! I guess Mr Honda thought the same! :wall:

I am qurious to know if the same air filter cleaning and oiling products as offered here now by Honda are used there in UK.

It is basically the No-Toil products, of water based bio- degradeable, cleaner(powder) and a special high tack oil that is easily emulsified by the cleaner? And easier on the foam filter it seems.

I have used it for years now, long before I found it on the shelf at the local Honda shop. The pair of bottles lasts me all year for your = to about 7-8 quid!

A bit of hot water in a small tub, whith the cleaner will do me twoor three filters just fine, blow dry, then apply the oil and squeeze out the excess. Done, bag them for later use. Dump the soapy water and dirt!

If I use something like the PJ1 filter oil, I still seem to need a solvent such as petrol or mineral spirits to get them clean, not only a pain, but unless you have permanant maintained wash tanks in the shop, you have to do something with the solvent! Not good for the average person!

Hi Mark,

I'm sure I've bought a genuine Sherco airfilter in the past which stated on the packaging '' do not wash in soap and water''??

So you have no choice really.

copemech Posted Yesterday, 11:10 PM

HEE HEE HEE FIRE! FIRE! HEE HEE HEE

:wall:

Hi Mark,

I'm sure I've bought a genuine Sherco airfilter in the past which stated on the packaging '' do not wash in soap and water''??

So you have no choice really.

I have too, but never recall seeing that! I have come to like the Jitsie filter though. Tough to fit at first, but works well and seems stronger!

I have too, but never recall seeing that! I have come to like the Jitsie filter though. Tough to fit at first, but works well and seems stronger!

Yup, I got one of those too..you get a lot of sponge for the money !