Guisborough Motor Club

bikespace

david clark still ride's he does the guisborough summer series, and he still has the family bike shop in eaglescliff, he look's a little different now a days though.

Sorry, missed this reply as I replied at the same time. I've driven past a few times, and thought it looked like it was still up and running.

I remember when they just had the wooden shop near the traffic lights next to the Cleveland Bay.

Is Peter still around?

I don't wanna knock you back when you're helping :hyper: but I don't think either are right. I dunno why, but I've got the name Ralph stuck in my head for the blond lad on my right. He used to ride an SWM I think. And I think the dark haired lad on my left was the son of the guy at back right, but I don't remember his name either so I'm not helping much :banana2:

Is the blonde lad on the front row Paul Waugh,, he used to ride a 200 SWM "very well" I still see his brother Andy riding his fantic 240 now.

Scrumpy

dont know about peter his mam and dad connie and derek are still in the shop a bit it was my brother who rode round about that time so i showed him the pic but only came up with the names you already know my mam was youth secratery for middlesbrough motor club and my dad club captain at that time so they might remmember a few there on hol's at the mo when they get back ill ask em.

No problems with mine either yet wri5hty, but just in case I am just up the road near the Centenary.

Took the photo in the shop to see Ray yesterday, but he's laid up with a broken ankle after a little off on his road bike so never got to say hi from you Gaz.

Rogers mam confirmed its not him on your left, but she also thought it was Richard Brown to your right, his dad Malcolm and Ray were good mates, she also did flowers for his sisters wedding a few years ago.

Left the photo for Ray to look at, so he might be able to fill in the remaining gaps. Will call in and collect it in a few days and hopefully have more names.

I don't wanna knock you back when you're helping :hyper: but I don't think either are right. I dunno why, but I've got the name Ralph stuck in my head for the blond lad on my right. He used to ride an SWM I think. And I think the dark haired lad on my left was the son of the guy at back right, but I don't remember his name either so I'm not helping much :banana2:

Is the blonde lad on the front row Paul Waugh,, he used to ride a 200 SWM "very well" I still see his brother Andy riding his fantic 240 now.

Scrumpy

Waugh!!!! That's it - dunno where I had Ralph from, but it's somehow similar, a bit, ah well not much, and George has come up with John Wallin back right and Alan Stewart.

So we've got two left I think.

Wasn't the lad in the middle with the dark hair also one of the Waugh's??? Is that Andy maybe?

And third from the right on front row, is that maybe John Wallin's lad?

Edited by bikespace

dont know about peter his mam and dad connie and derek are still in the shop a bit it was my brother who rode round about that time so i showed him the pic but only came up with the names you already know my mam was youth secratery for middlesbrough motor club and my dad club captain at that time so they might remmember a few there on hol's at the mo when they get back ill ask em.

I think I know your Mum and Dad, we used to organise with them. Very often used to be me, my old man (Barry Hinton), Geoff (guessing that's your dad) and is it Michael (your brother) was nearer my age, marking out together. They both had Bultaco's in those days. I can picture your mum, but can't remember her name? Anne?

Good to see you've taken on the mantle, I'd seen your name about and was wondering if there was a link.

yep you got them all spot on there. i wish i could rememmber names like that. were all still involved with m/bro club and me and mick are riding more often now with a bloke called kenny bunn (and two names you might know) steve and bill currie. just spoke to the old dear on the phone and she remembered you and your dad.

• 1 year later...

Some how came across this tonite, not sure how as it is a year old now, but just to confirm some of the names / info,

The guy at the right (back) is John wallin (he was Gusbro club youth secratary), the gauy to his left is Alan Stewart - we was was a british road race champ & was there to present the awards.

The lad at the front with the long blond hair is Paul Waugh, Third from right is Steve (or stivie as we was known) Wallin, i believe was british C&D champ on a TY80 & a SWM 75.

Trevor Buckworth is Joes Uncle, Joes dad was Ron,

What ever happened to Joe, i remember he had a lot of potential & was centre champ very young. As a C class rider i got the opportunity to 'warm' up his tl 320 SWM up at the start of the East Yorks 2 day behind the flask in & promptly fell off & snapped his clutch lever.

WOW, some memories tied up in that photo Gaz!

Mike Lannigan always turning up at events in his Dad's Beetle. I know he's not in the pic but Roger Pinder and his Italjet.

Clarke's M/C's is an institute. Still remember when I was 11 pushing my TY up Yarm bank to the old premises next to the Bay and then all the way back home again.

Aaah memories

:huh:

Edited by elite

• 4 years later...