British Experts Coverage

dabber54

Unless ive completly missed it the coverage of the British Experts has been very thin on the Ground

A Dougie Lampkin report and a Third party hosted photo show

No Official Results or a Report.

After so much pre Event Excitment it almost seems like a Non event ! A shame when so much hard work was put in to get it on :banana2:

i have to agree with you !!! it seems a pity that no one came forward with the official results? and not just the experts, but all the riders, and all classes? i just hope its a one off glitch not to be repeated the next time they run the experts trial(if there is a next time?)

my guess is it was a low key dry run to see if the event would work as a wtc.

More of concern to me would be the sections I wasn't there so don't know what they were like. I am hearing man made too much, and is jumping through trees wtc standard?

If its a money making exercise (Dirttrax is a buisness??) then sometimes the trials takes second place.

If they run the WTC there then a massive investment is necessary and I hope the ACU can oversee that the event does Britain proud.

Ask jake and martin whats involved and it is a massive amount behind the scenes organisation and preparation.

I am worried that a simple press release, up to date website and quick results have not been forthcoming, when these things are really a drop in the ocean compared to staging the event proper.

If its a case of organising a press officer or mate to spend an hour post event it don't bode well for the real thing?

I don't see a lot of publicity about this event either > British Solo Trials Champs.

Date: 03rd August 2008

Organiser:

Yeadon Guiseley & DMC

Venue:

Brimham Rocks, nr Pateley Bridge.

Have people just lost interest, can't be bothered, or just don't care ? I think they have.

I was always tought, if your going to do a job, do it right or don't ******* bother.

TC could / should hunt down some info, make the odd phone call to the right man in the know, or again has the interest gone.

-

Are these high profile Trial's even being talked about at the twice monthly get together club Trial by people.

Since i've been logging onto TC for the last 4 yrs or so the talk on the forums by joe rider about such Trial's has more or less stalled,what im trying to say is you could have as much pro press release's as you like on the board's to hype such Trial's up,but if you don't have joe rider talking about them any longer then yes there is a problem of lost interest,and no fancy press release is going to mend that.

Edited by bilc0

My pet hate at the moment.... how un professional the British trials championship appears. No doubting the quality of the riders, and the events i have seen have been very good but the promotion and look of the events is terrible.

I was sent some images from a recent Belgium championship trial... it had advertising, branded tape for all the section, a crowd and a sleek look.. very pro looking. And, no slight intended, they don't exactly have world round winners attending!! We have some of the top young (and old, sorry Dougie!) riders in the world at our national events and it looks like a club trial with just friends and relatives turning up!

That would certainly appeal to Perce's wanting for trials to get back to basics. :banana2: or should I say Baxter Basics.

I don't see a lot of publicity about this event either > British Solo Trials Champs.

Date: 03rd August 2008

Organiser:

Yeadon Guiseley & DMC

Venue:

Brimham Rocks, nr Pateley Bridge.

Have people just lost interest, can't be bothered, or just don't care ? I think they have.

I was always tought, if your going to do a job, do it right or don't ******* bother.

TC could / should hunt down some info, make the odd phone call to the right man in the know, or again has the interest gone.

-

Thanks A lot!!!!!!!!!!!! I put up a link to The Yeadon Guiseley Website and Highlighted the entries of Doug Lampkin and James Dabill both here and On the YG Website. The club is, like all the organisers of Nationals, purely amateur, hence getting publicity is difficult. Getting any coverage has been even more difficult with the Olympics dominating the press. Even the local Yorkshire Post, which Barry Robinson normally gets a report in, did not even carry the results the following day which was very annoying!!!!! With no disrespect to Colin Appleyard the sort of sponsor that would put the money into marketing the series isn't there. Given the profile of the sport you need somebody with a male dominated market. Gillette, JCB, Burberry, Carlsberg etc or a media deal that would attract a wider marketing push. Given that Trials is not easy to film you'd need a format like "Kick Start" and a few compact trials to get the interest of the TV as well.

Until then the clubs will keep the Trial's going.