axulsuv

• 11 months later...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just put 2 video's on youtube , before the TY80 gets torn down for for a proper engine rebuild and all the final details ... But the little bike does actually work as I envisioned ... And now the search starts for p6 minerelli 50cc parts to rebuild the little fantic too !

http://www.youtube.com/user/TrialsTimes?feature=mhee

Glenn

Yes it would be nice to be able to purchase a new simple basic bike ... TY175 , Fantic 200/240 , cota 123 etc. etc... I would think you could sell as mny as you could produce , But sourcing a suitable aircooled and properly geared powerplant would be the major stumbling block , and all the lawyers and regs. that would be in the way...

Glenn , (thanks)

Yes it would be nice to be able to purchase a new simple basic bike ... TY175 , Fantic 200/240 , cota 123 etc. etc... I would think you could sell as mny as you could produce , But sourcing a suitable aircooled and properly geared powerplant would be the major stumbling block , and all the lawyers and regs. that would be in the way...

Glenn , (thanks)

VERY nice work!

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the barrel and reed cage and new piston that Bob @ B&J racing ported and set up for me (over a year ago !!!) yesterday .

What a differance , a fresh top end and Boysen reeds make on the little monster :)

Now it's truly FUN to ride !!! it actually has torque where it should !

Glenn B):banana2:

Edited by axulsuv

• 7 months later...

• 1 month later...

And as luck would have it .. I brought the ty80 to the world round with me to use as a pit bike while all my fantics were in a vintage show ...

And of course after 39 years of use/ abuse she would not start ... No Spark !!!!

So I just now got around to checking it out , and the coil has a short ... primary to earth ... And what are the odds that my never ending ebay auto search kicks out a new TY80 coil with plug lead for $12.49 w/free shipping ! So I guess my kid will be riding again next weekend ...

Glenn

• 4 months later...

gasgasstu , here you go ... As luck would have it though , I swapped the ty for a reflex for my son as he still out grew it , But it's still in my trials family ,waiting for a friends grandson to outgrow/or get bored with his Oset !

Glenn