Scarborough 2 Day Youth Trial

fellonmelug

Great weekend, trial on both days spot on, entertainment best yet. great prizes for the kids, what more could you want. well maybe Mark Taylor doing his Ninja roll and the weekend would have been perfect.

Ps. Wilko loose the hat mate.

Dave C

• 6 months later...

Ouch! Hope you are now fully recovered Callum and that it hasnt put you off... Something to tell the grandkids!

I've looked at some of the photos of this event, trying to guage if my lad could ride the easier route. As far as I can see, there are 3 routes? The red/blue route, yellow and white (markers have a spot on them).

Can you give more info about what the two days comprise of as I would love to bring my son over in August. Is there somewhere to camp/caravan?

Scarborough 2 day is a great event, there are some hard sections but most are really good for all riders, there are the C and D class on the Saturday and A and B on the Sunday.

There is camping over night with a band on and a bar, last year we had a monty trial for the kids on the evening, and a bouncy castle type thing. and there was a training day on the monday.

The best thing to do is come along and see for yourself,you will have a great time and its a great experience.

We have a dvd of the event if you send me a message with your address i will send you a copy to have a look at.

Wont be untill after the weekend bit busy with the British solo championship that we are running this weekend.

Dave C

Think the Youth 2 day in August runs all 4 classes (ABCD) over both days. It is probably one of the best Youth trials of the year. Brilliant venue, huge camping area, great social and organisers who know exactly what is needed. There are 4 routes, so each class is catered for.

The British Championship Youth National in September (at the same venue) is usually run, C & D Saturday and A & B Sunday. A great opportunity for the young ones to compete on the Saturday, stay over, and watch the bigger lads on the Sunday.

Two chances to enjoy the Harwood Dale hospitality !!!

Mike.

I went to the Scarborough Youth two-day a couple of years ago to cover it for TC and can't recommend it highly enough. It's an absolutely fantastic weekend for both kids and adults.

My report from then can be found here

It really is a great weekend and they are fantastic hosts. :(

Think the Youth 2 day in August runs all 4 classes (ABCD) over both days. It is probably one of the best Youth trials of the year. Brilliant venue, huge camping area, great social and organisers who know exactly what is needed. There are 4 routes, so each class is catered for.

The British Championship Youth National in September (at the same venue) is usually run, C & D Saturday and A & B Sunday. A great opportunity for the young ones to compete on the Saturday, stay over, and watch the bigger lads on the Sunday.

Mike.

Tomsdad is right all classes both days got mixed up with the national, in September. so many trials so little brain cells left.

Dave

Mike.

I'm really glad (& grateful) that you pointed this out Mike as I was getting a bit confused between the two. I must have been reading a bit about both events thinking it was the same event and getting it all muddled up! (what a kerfuffle!) I was really into the idea of a two day event (i.e. my lad riding D class over two days) then I read something about C&D being on saturday and A&B on Sunday and I thought and actually said to my wife "what a shame he cant ride both days". I'm waffling (as usual) now, but really look forward to this event especially with everyones positive comments about the social side of things too.

Thanks for the link to your report and photos Andy. N1!!!

Edited by GarethR