South Midlands Center

djcameroon

Hi, Dan here....

I have been out of the trials scene for the last 5 years and am just starting to compete again. I am living in Milton Keynes at the moment. Just wondering if there are any local guys interested in doing to lift sharing to comps. Up for any event....

Even if your not up for lift sharing but are from the South Midlands centre get in touch.... will probably remember lots of you guys.

Cheers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dan,

Next sunday HUX MCC are running the Stan Haslam trophy trial at the Round Rocket Plantation, very good venue, try and get down there. Check the web, hux.org.uk

Chris.

Unfortunately I am still waiting for my new ACU license to arrive, prob wont be here in time! I am sure I will be at a HUX event soon! Looking forward to seeing people after so many years out!

cant help with lift dont forget nene valley mcc,we run great trials.

Used to run great trials is the phrase you meant surely. What was it "the bill holt" that took in several venues. The fact is they have some of the best land in the centre, without doubt. I think you will find that riders would argue with quality of events.

Used to run great trials is the phrase you meant surely. What was it "the bill holt" that took in several venues. The fact is they have some of the best land in the centre, without doubt. I think you will find that riders would argue with quality of events.

An encouraging comment for all the current hard working club officials and observers who give up their free time so that we can enjoy trials. Lets not forget that they don't have to do it.

The reason that some people moan (at least the people I have spoken with) about Nene Valley events is because they are probably one of the only local clubs with the balls to set out challenging sections aimed at riders who are looking to be challenged, drop some marks and hopefully improve their riding in the process.

Many South Midland clubs are so concerned with upsetting/scaring off new riders etc etc that they lay out really easy sections in cr@ppy venues and in the process p*ss off the better riders. As a result most South Midlands trials will now only get between 0-5 expert riders attending.

If you want to ride around all and only drop 6 marks all day then N.V may not be your first choice. But if you want mainly good bits of land and tougher sections then N.V are hard to beat - for my money anyway.

As for club politics, dont know if there are issues or not as I try to avoid all that......

Anyway back to the initial thread - Dan, who are you???

Nick

Hey Nick.

I used to practice at bleak hall alot. Have practiced up there with you and your dad on occasions. If your the Nick Day I am thinking about....

As for trials I def want a challenging event. I much prefer harder trials to easy ones where its down to a couple of dabs.

Any of you guys ever go up Earl Shilton to practice.... its a really great ground and only about an hour away. Well worth a visit!

Cheers

Dan Cameron

An encouraging comment for all the current hard working club officials and observers who give up their free time so that we can enjoy trials. Lets not forget that they don't have to do it.

I could give you a few inside details but perhaps here is not the place. Many do give up there free time of course, but that doesn't mean they should always be above critisism. Trials in our centre are very poor in general, and despite the free time and effort many give up (me included) you cannot make a silk purse out of two ditches and a few tree roots, I know we've tried at a couple of venues.

Bleak Hall as mentioned above was getting better when we lost it mainly due to the efforts of me and others with a digger, its the only way forward to be honest, but nene valley have some great natural land and I feel underuse it and have in recent times had only 8 sections on land clearly suitable for ten.

Nobby's nuts was lost when Banbury Nobac finished, why did the centre not do something about that?

Alot of these volunteers cannot see that the whole centre needs a real good shake up otherwise all that will be left is the roots and ditches..................

Hopefully the new practice land promised to replace BH will provide a more local alternative to the yennards.

I could give you a few inside details but perhaps here is not the place. Many do give up there free time of course, but that doesn't mean they should always be above critisism. Trials in our centre are very poor in general, and despite the free time and effort many give up (me included) you cannot make a silk purse out of two ditches and a few tree roots, I know we've tried at a couple of venues.

but nene valley have some great natural land and I feel underuse it and have in recent times had only 8 sections on land clearly suitable for ten.

The 8 section's at a trial is something I really dislike also. The reason for this is lack of observers. Despite offering a free ride to any rider that brings an observer NV still can't get enough for 10 sections. At the last trial they had to run 'double sub's' which therefore had an impact on queue's.

I have heard the difficulty thing mentioned a few times in the past myself. I may have been a little guilty years ago when I used to set sections. Nowerdays though they are not so bad, the last trial was won on 6 lost by a bloke on a twinshock!! Only 2 sections took any marks from him - hardly what I'd call a killer eh! Also they have the 50/50 route now. They perhaps got the clubman route a little too tough though.

Do they still hold events at Stokenchurch woods? I also seem to remember the Haslams had some reasonable areas on their land. I used to ride with Farnham Royal club longer ago than I care to remember! As I recall quite a few of the OTC events used to involve quite a bit of road work, do these still happen? Must be 25 years since I rode a trial in the UK