Rally Video

edholland

Thanks for finding that.

I can't help feeling a little down whenever I see a picture of Henri Toivonen.RIP.

Me and my mates used to follow rallying closely in those group B days,those cars were absolute demons.

To give some comparison:-

The 'rumour' was that the Lancia S4 driven by Toivonen around the Estoril circuit put in such a respectable time that he would have qualified on the grid (sorry I don't know how high)for that years F1 Grand Prix!

When we looked at photos of Toivonen (whether he was in the forground or background) he was either smiling or laughing,in complete contrast to the other drivers.

Then you compare those images to the way he must have met his end (poor sod,burned to death in his car)and..I'm getting way too sentimental here.

I think Toivonens crash signalled the end of Group B?

• 11 months later...

Those have got to be THE STUPIDEST spectators in the world...........................Hey let's get a group of about 40 of us and stand on the track at the bottom of this hill, and when the race car comes we will all try to get out of the way!!!!

:rolleyes:

i was lucky to have some involvelment in international rallying in the 80's in what i believe were the golden years. henri, ari, hannu and michelle were old school but for me the guy with the complete package drove the sexiest cars and imfamously when asked on tv if it would take a superman to win the rally said '' maybe i super driver'' Marku Alen a true superstar

heres one with sound of them fire breathing monsters i just love the sound of the Audi Quattros

That video really captured the ferocity of those monsters, I remember those t16 peugeots were very throttle sensitive when they hit a yump (they would pitch down and dig in :rolleyes: ).

I thought the metro 6r4 had the best soundtrack but it was always disappointing to see where the noise was coming from !!