Tubeless.......more Like Airless......or Am I Clueless.......

wruffit

If its leaking through the spokes, its more than likely the stem. It seeps through there and comes out the spokes. I have had some success with replacing the valve with one with a larger diameter stem where it contacts the rim band. I modify ones made for car wheels.

If its leaking through the spokes, its more than likely the stem. It seeps through there and comes out the spokes. I have had some success with replacing the valve with one with a larger diameter stem where it contacts the rim band. I modify ones made for car wheels.

Or, another and easy solution is to use the new style rubber band that comes with an integrated valve. I heard this is now a standard part on the Gas Gas 2009. Probably other manufacturers will use (or are already using?) this for their 2009 line-ups.

rimband_valve1.jpg

rimband_valve2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

mine leaks slowly to 0 psi over the course of a week or so - I don't have a problem with that as I often adjust the tyre pressure to suit the ground and terrain on which I'm riding. If I'm playing on very soft soil without rocks etc then i drop pressures to suit - if it's hard or rocky terrain then pump more in. The change from 3psi to 5 or so is only a couple of pumps which takes seconds so I don't see it as been a major hassle.

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 months later...