Main Bearing

beta rev 3

Here is a list of many useful repair manuals for Shercos.

http://www.sherco.com/wayne_corner.html

You could scroll down and look for the one for main bearings or just click this.

http://www.sherco.com/wayne/Sherco%20Engin...ly%20Manual.pdf

When my Brother had his 2000 250 he printed all of these manuals off in full color and put them in plastic sleeves in a 3 ring binder. He then sold the bike a few months later. I inherited the manuals, Thanks oh wonderful Brother of mine.

I did a complete teardown of my 2000 2.9, If you follow the manuals and take your time, it is not that bad of a job. I would assume the principles are the same on a 99 1.25.

Just make sure you have enough work bench space to lay out all the parts of the engine.

Edited by ZIPPY

• 1 year later...
Here is a list of many useful repair manuals for Shercos.

http://www.sherco.com/wayne_corner.html

You could scroll down and look for the one for main bearings or just click this.

http://www.sherco.com/wayne/Sherco%20Engin...ly%20Manual.pdf

When my Brother had his 2000 250 he printed all of these manuals off in full color and put them in plastic sleeves in a 3 ring binder. He then sold the bike a few months later. I inherited the manuals, Thanks oh wonderful Brother of mine.

I did a complete teardown of my 2000 2.9, If you follow the manuals and take your time, it is not that bad of a job. I would assume the principles are the same on a 99 1.25.

Just make sure you have enough work bench space to lay out all the parts of the engine.

What new parts did you buy? i.e gaskets etc

What new parts did you buy? i.e gaskets etc

Head O-Rings

Piston rings

small end bearing

wrist pin

circlips

base gasket

clutch cover gasket

center gasket

reed intake gasket

reed valves

crank bearings

crank seals

exhaust gasket

I should have bought a new piston, but NNNOOOO I was too cheap. So there is much piston slap and rattles like crazy :rolleyes: . And now 2 years later I am buying.

Head O-rings

Piston kit (piston, rings, wrist pin and circlips)

Rechromed barrel

small end bearing

base gasket

exhaust gasket

Head O-Rings

Piston rings

small end bearing

wrist pin

circlips

base gasket

clutch cover gasket

center gasket

reed intake gasket

reed valves

crank bearings

crank seals

exhaust gasket

I should have bought a new piston, but NNNOOOO I was too cheap. So there is much piston slap and rattles like crazy :marky: . And now 2 years later I am buying.

Head O-rings

Piston kit (piston, rings, wrist pin and circlips)

Rechromed barrel

small end bearing

base gasket

exhaust gasket

Do you actually need a rechrome? Lots of times a bore can be cleaned up quite acceptably with a hone job and an oversized piston. This work is a bit specilized and the bore measured properly though. A good cyl shop can tell you!

:rolleyes:

Do you actually need a rechrome? Lots of times a bore can be cleaned up quite acceptably with a hone job and an oversized piston. This work is a bit specilized and the bore measured properly though. A good cyl shop can tell you!

:rolleyes:

Easier and less down time to just ride it until the parts show up from Dealer Dude and swap them out and send my barrel in for the core charge. Similar to what is done with a starter, ya know get a re-manufactured one and pay the core charge, and get the core charge back when you take in your bad starter.

Since I will probably not get a new bike for another 10yrs the other benefit is it will be a totally new top end and when I need to replace pistons later I will be able to replace more pistons before I need a new barrel............did that make any sense there???? :marky:

Easier and less down time to just ride it until the parts show up from Dealer Dude and swap them out and send my barrel in for the core charge. Similar to what is done with a starter, ya know get a re-manufactured one and pay the core charge, and get the core charge back when you take in your bad starter.

Since I will probably not get a new bike for another 10yrs the other benefit is it will be a totally new top end and when I need to replace pistons later I will be able to replace more pistons before I need a new barrel............did that make any sense there???? :o

I am sure Zipper explained all this logical quick swap stuff to the keeper of the family jewels! He He He!!!

She should have asked, "Why do you need fresh chrome for the same old ass!" :o

I am sure Zipper explained all this logical quick swap stuff to the keeper of the family jewels! He He He!!!

She should have asked, "Why do you need fresh chrome for the same old ass!" :o

She did ask that question, and I told her "So that your ass will be all shiny and get my attention again"

I should be out of the hospital in time to ride trials in 2011. :o

(just joking)

Zippy done sold his little 250 Ninja to get $$$ for parts for the other bikes.

I have been having so much fun with that little Toyota MR2 I just did not see a reason to keep the Ninja. MR2 I can drive in the cold and the rain, but due to the miracles of heaters and a roof I stay warm and dry. The MR2 is a more "practical" toy.