3d Trials Club ,hunter Mtn.oct 5,08

jreilly

Just A reminder 3D Trials club next event october 5,2008 at Hunter Mtn,N.Y.This is a brand new site for us and is truly a world class venue.If you have never been to this area it is very nice.They have held many world class events here.From world cup mountain biking to ski and snowboard events.Terrain is very poen and lots of big gripppy rocks and many boulder feilds.There is a Octoberfest going on the same day plus there will a BMW demo of there motogp bikes you can try up one of the ski slopes.They also have the chair loft open for site seeing and for the crazy down hill mountain bikers.Lots of good motels and resterants in the area.Hunter Mtn, web site www.huntermtn.com Hope to see a good turn out to be a great place for our club.JR

Edited by Jreilly

Drhud,You have to have AMA membership for this event you can get this at sign up,entry fee is $10 club members and $15 or $20 for non member.Where are you located?

Hey Biff new you would pickup on this site,to bad your not closer.Just talked to Bob Sharer the sheriff{clerk] and things are coming together just fine.Thanks for posting the picture,I was going to but not real good at this computer stuffyou know.JR

We're from Connecticut. There is an event in Exeter RI that same day, but we thought your event may be a good change of pace and scenery. Sounds a little goofy with no checkers? How many riders do you guys get for an event? We both ride adavnced here in NETA, mid pack finishes, what are your advanced sections like?

We're from Connecticut. There is an event in Exeter RI that same day, but we thought your event may be a good change of pace and scenery. Sounds a little goofy with no checkers?

They are really laid back crew but have a huge following. You ride in groups of three or so and check yourselves. Its actually pretty cool because you can ride with a mix of tallent and you end up learning a lot. The whole lack of checker thing works off of the honesty pollicy.

No problem Jim! My event up in Flint Michigan lands on that same day so I will be all tied up. Have a blast!

For those of you who don't know the area. It is right outside of Phonecia in the heart of the Catskill mountians and only about 30 mins or so from Kingston. It is also over the hill from Woodstock and there are tons of state camp grounds and great white water rafting in that area down the Esopus river. If you love the outdoors then make a long weekend of this trip. My grandparents used to live in Boiceville just down the road from Hunter mountain.

--Biff

Hey Biff,Good to here from you.Turns out Iwill not be able to ride any more this year.Fell at work tuesday and got a small fracture in the side of my head,just got out the hospital yeaterday.sure put the scare in me Dr. says to stay off bike for a while.Can not work or drive for 2 weeks,crappy way to get off work.Iam going out to Komers tomurrow to watch and take Cody's bike out.

Drhud,The no checkers works out pretty good we are only out to have fun anyway we have no year end points.I am sure you will have fun.Pete L.,Kurt S. and mike S,and Mike F. come to some so they can tell what are group is like.Mellon Head JR.

Jreilly,

It is only a SMALL fracture that means there is room for improvement....with all that time off work just think of all the riding you could do........besides that's what a helmet is for. :banana2::thumbup:

Take it easy, get healed up. broken bones suck. especially in the noodle. :huh:

Jreilly,

It is only a SMALL fracture that means there is room for improvement....with all that time off work just think of all the riding you could do........besides that's what a helmet is for. :banana2::thumbup:

Take it easy, get healed up. broken bones suck. especially in the noodle. :huh:

C'mon Zippy, it's not his noodle that is broke! It's his noggin!

Best to you JR, take it easy dude! :wub:

Hey Biff,Good to here from you.Turns out Iwill not be able to ride any more this year.Fell at work tuesday and got a small fracture in the side of my head,just got out the hospital yeaterday.sure put the scare in me Dr. says to stay off bike for a while.Can not work or drive for 2 weeks,crappy way to get off work.Iam going out to Komers tomurrow to watch and take Cody's bike out.

Dude that stinks! I am bumming that I really have not made any trials out there this year. I need a good New Woodstock or Oneonta fix. Take it easy man and maybe leave the helmet on full time from now on... hahahaha.

--Biff

JR, we had a great time at your event. You guys definately do things differently!!! The focus is clearly on FUN!!! Your boy is very talented, but looked bored with the sections? Are you guys doing the CATRA event Saturday or Sunday? You should consider bringing him to more NETA events.

Drhud,Thanks for the good reply.Yes I was a bit disapointed in the level of the sections,but with the short time everything had to be put together Bobby did what he could do.Normaly I would have got down to help but with my injury was not possible.Most years we ride all over the northeast including a few NETA events,Galway being one of the places.Pete does a good job up there and I had planned on riding both days to end my season but Dr says not a good idea.As for Cody he would like to be there but not sure of his work and family thing.His wife is about due to have baby in couple of weeks so he has a lot on his plate.And you are right he has always gotten bored with easier sections he likes the bigger and steeper stuff.Plus with doing the nationals in the expert line this summer it is hard to come up with stuff to keep his interest up.He started riding when he was 6 years old,so I think he might need a bit of a break.Which sometimes is not a bad thing.So you may see us sunday or just me as a spectater very tired of staying home.I get very jealus of watching people ride when I so want to be also.But I have next year to look forward to.See you in the woods.JR