Montesa 4rt No Spark

montyboy

If the throttle cable has been pulled up within the rubber sleeve on the twist grip, the throttle positioner reads the throttle as unsafe to start and kills both the spark and fuel injection. I had this last year after dropping the bike, worked all through the tests and electrical checks before I noticed the cable.

Unlike a carburetted bike that is just hard to start if the throttle is open too far,the 4RT system shuts down when the throttle is to far open.

Good luck

HI

As already said, I had the same problem. I was used to adjust the throttle so that it didnt have any slag in my old bike (Beta Rev3). I did the same thing with new 4RT and it didnt start. I also looked everything else but nothing helped. In the end I drove to imported and I was so embarrased to realise that it was this stupid mistake I made myself. Well, you always learn something new ;-)

Sorry i have been having problems with my internet so have not been abe to reply to anyones suggestions. I have sorted the problem it turns out it was the stator, now there is a new problem. The bike starts well, ticks over nicely but misses on high revs. I have checked fuel system, everything seems ok. I have put in a new spark plug and checked all electrical connections. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance