Madrid Motorcycle Alpha 301 Kit

borus

• 1 month later...

Congrats, Borus...

Are you aware that it's necessary to bore out the cases to fit the wider neck?

Cheers, JM.

thanks jm, yes i was aware after deciphering the translation from aldolfo with my dealer, the kit is on, bike is up and running, after the run in we'll see how she goes, very very early feeling is it may have a broader power band

cheers :(

i left the caby in it's 290 set up, fast throttle, 2.5 mm retarded, 45 pilot, 122 main, third clip in the keihin, it runs great, after a couple of hours on it riding my practice obstacles and sections the bike is what you would expect. more power, more low end grunt, maybe a wider power band, i thought third gear was very usable before, it certainly a fun gear now :( . obviously not run in yet but i'm happy to say it certainly accomplished what i was looking for.

cheers

What was the total cost?

758 eruos including insured delivery to the door. i guess is have a slightly used 290 cylinder and piston available, i'm wondering out loud if someone wants to upgrade their 250? mmmm:rolleyes:

cheer

Cheers Borus, just done the maths! :( Every year they print the same old figures don't they.

So to downsize from a 290 to a 250 is it simply a barrel, head and piston change then.

just did some checking and the 250/290 heads and crankcase set are different. so, will need to do some research on the swap

cheers

Edited by borus