04 Beta

jonnyc

I had an 04 and yes they are a good bike, it may be prone to needing a new stator so check if its had a new one recently or at all, a replacement might cost you 100 quid. If its been rode alot you might need a shock service,someones just posted a company who does this on Ebay, check wheel bearings,forkseals colour of water in the rad and what the clutch oil looks like. Should start firstish kick, make sure it idles clean and revs out clean, any nasty rattly noises might be costly from engine and gearbox.

Edited by The Addict

From my history with Betas, there was one other weakness.

You should also check for any water leaks or corrosion on the joint between the main clutch side cover and the water pump housing. it is know for the coolant to eat into the casting [i think it is reacting with the magnesium content, even if you use the correct coolants] from the inside and eventually undermine the o-ring seal.

If there is even the slightest weep on the bottom of the waterpump it is likly this is happening, then it will need a new clutch cover casting.

Other than that I was happy with my Beta when I had it. Carb didnt leak and Stator didnt fail!