Bullitt Or Vanishing Point ?

b40rt

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm, I'm split about 50:50 on this one, but I guess push comes to shove I'd say Vanishing Point.......but that's maybe done to the scene with the naked female motorcycle rider.... :thumbup:

Ian.

Edited by IanJ

Vanishing point is the clear winner. The film gives the viewer a sense of who the main character is and why he is doing what he's doing. The film has some similarities to "Easy Rider", a troubled, good looking young man on a trip through America, allbeit at speeds well over 100 mph, which ends badly.

Why would you risk drawing attention to yourself by going so fast? What if the guy just obeyed the speed limit? Not much of a movie there. All I remember about Bullit was an endless chase scene which ends badly for the Dodge Charger. What else happened? It's been nearly 40 years ago since I saw either one.

You obviously forgot the ending of vanishing point.

I doubt I could forget the guy smashing into a pair of D-8 caterpillar blade at 100mph. Not much left to worry about for that guy. I was comparing it to Billy's untimely death at the end of Easy Rider. Might be a stretch but I thought they were comparable in that someone dies a violent death at the end. What did I miss?