Gas Gas Txt 50 Boy..starting Problems

spike123

Hi ,anyone out there had difficulties starting these little machines ,they are a bugger to start and I have just had the stator rewound as the company that made them for Gas Gas went bust.. Whilst after kicking half a dozen times with throttle fully open it will eventually starts there is little chance of my 7 year old starting himself..Any tips ????

Heya mate welcome too the forum.

I had one when I was younger and it always happened with me. The problems we found was that the crank used to fill with fuel d thats why its such a b*tch to start. Like you said hold the throttle open kick a good few times and always eventually starts, thats what we had to do every bloody time lol. But thats there only dawn fall.

hope that helps :thumbup:

My lad had one and we had the same problem from new.

It turned out to be the reed block (behind the inlet manifold). Seems GG had a batch with distorted blocks which meant the reeds weren't making a seal. They replaced it free of charge and the bike started perfectly everytime.

Its easy to check this so might be worth a look.

Andy