My Bsa Bantam D10 Trials Project

honda_tlr

Here is a few pictures of my latest project bike that I got on Saturday.

It's a BSA bantam D10 that I'm making it in to a Trials bike to use in Pre 65/twinshock competitions.

Firstly I will need to source and Engine, hopefully a 175cc, 4 speed.

Here is what I have done so far:

The bike as I got it:

P9193330.jpg

P9193333.jpg

P9193334.jpg

Most of the un needed tin work removed:

P9193340.jpg

Year 2000 Sherco front end fitted:

P9193342.jpg

Longer rear shocks, well, one, fitted:

P9203343.jpg

P9203345.jpg

And thats it so far, Will update the thread as and when things get done.

Thanks for looking, Jamie.

(I have stuck this in twinshock as the bike uses modern forks, thus it isn't a "true" pre 65 bike in some peoples eyes, don't want to start the old "modern bits on a pre 65 bike" argument)

full marks for having ago, although i cant think of a club that would be 'happy' with a bantam with discs and upside down forks (?)

personaly i believe the bantam to be an excellent choice for modern p65 trials a quick glance at the latest result from yorkshire clssic has about 8 being ridden competatively.

the juice is in the engine with oddles of potential the d14 is rated as best at the moment ( fashions change) with an excellent engine being available for sale on the yorks website. ( this bike has been ridden in the scottish and is a reguler top 3 finisher in the two stroke class despite.. being a rigid.)

it or a replica engine would surely clean up in a twinshock.. good luck.. now must get back to organising that loan with northern rock for all the fantic bits i need...

full marks for having ago, although i cant think of a club that would be 'happy' with a bantam with discs and upside down forks (?)

personaly i believe the bantam to be an excellent choice for modern p65 trials a quick glance at the latest result from yorkshire clssic has about 8 being ridden competatively.

the juice is in the engine with oddles of potential the d14 is rated as best at the moment ( fashions change) with an excellent engine being available for sale on the yorks website. ( this bike has been ridden in the scottish and is a reguler top 3 finisher in the two stroke class despite.. being a rigid.)

it or a replica engine would surely clean up in a twinshock.. good luck.. now must get back to organising that loan with northern rock for all the fantic bits i need...

If they get fussy Ill just enter twin shock, In my eyes its NOT a pre 65 bike, it's a twinshock bike now that it has these forks, I know of at least 2 bikes locally that have front disk brakes and uprated forks which are not standard, ok so not as new a a sherco front end, but at the end of the day I ride for fun, not to win things.

If they want to get fussy even more though, then Illl enter youth B, oh wait , that would mean it would have to be a 125 , blah, blah ,blah See what this is going?

I am doing this bike for my self, I don't care if it upsets people, I'm interested in peoples views on the bike though, but when I take it out on a Sunday morning, I can ride the bike knowing that it's done as I want it to be, not as it "should" be done

There isn't many twinshock bikes round here any way, and I would have thought that any problems that arise would be from fellow riders, not the clubs them selfs.

:guinness: