How Do You Change A Tyre?

sam12

Perhaps should have put this in my other post but you can get a tyre to sit on the bead using a YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE bead ring and a foot pump, I do it all the time this way.

On another note, surely this topic must have been discussed to death before?

• 2 weeks later...

best bet mate take the wheel to your local national tyres and autocare branch and watch them do it its a doddle when you know the little tricks i do all types of tyres and tubes for national .......coz im that dam good............. :D

Sadly when most of do it late on saturday the kwik fits not always open/convienent/cheap.

• 9 years later...

I've changed dozens of tyres over the years, for tubeless one of the easiest ways is to use cable ties. Not kidding here, look it up on youtube. You basically cable tie the tyre into one ring. It works, I've done it several times in the paddock when club racing when theres no tyre service there.

However, for tubed tyres this doesn't work so well, and getting the inner tube trapped is very common, then have to do it all again!

• Like 2

DID rim and X light don't even need a beader  -just pop it on a blow it up.

Full tank of air and no valve 100% with a used tyre - might need two goes now and again with a brand new one.

Try and store the tyres with the bead turned out -helps get a mechanical seal with the rims so compressor can blow it up.

3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Cable ties easy? Not as easy as a beader.

You only use the cable ties to get the tyre on and off. A beader for forming the seal, although I usually use the ratchet strap method someone mentioned before.

On 27/10/2008 at 5:15 PM, rabie said:

we at home used to use lots of tyre leavers and even sledge hammers have fun and games, but my dad now runs a tyre depot, so they have machines for getting tyres off the rims, with a bead breaker, etc (sooo much easier than the old skool method). i think most tyre shop will change a tyre if you don't want to do it yourself for a small(sih) fee, i know my dad often has various bikers (road and off road) come in with their wheels or even whole bike and they get them to change them.

But then your dads a real trials rider old school ?

On 26/10/2008 at 5:37 PM, sam12 said:

thanks guys,i think would just about manage the front,but i think the rear is for the shop.

Get someone who knows what they are doing to actually show you! There’s no better way to learn than to actually do the job with guidance. Everyone has told you good information, but you sound like your practical skill levels; indicated by not knowing about the security bolts, should be improved especially for wheel removal and more importantly refitting and working safely. Hope you take the comment as well meaning and in no way critical of your abilities. There are good videos ....and bad on the subject of tyre changing but doing it is best?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, section swept said:

Get someone who knows what they are doing to actually show you! There’s no better way to learn than to actually do the job with guidance. Everyone has told you good information, but you sound like your practical skill levels; indicated by not knowing about the security bolts, should be improved especially for wheel removal and more importantly refitting and working safely. Hope you take the comment as well meaning and in no way critical of your abilities. There are good videos ....and bad on the subject of tyre changing but doing it is best?

good words.