Front Forks

joseclimber

Hi, i am having a problem with my fork bearings and i wanted to know ith there has to be any typo of dust holder because i bought my bike used and i think there where previously dessambled by the other owner who changed them for some similar ones but did not worked.

thankyou

• 2 weeks later...

I could also still do with any information going on the front forks (USD) for a 1992 Climber 280. Attempting to rebuilt forks but need to know what should be there so i can attempt to make them work. Previous owner has had a go and failed miserably. Forks are a miss match of parts and are rock solid when riding, any diagrams/worksheets or anything would be much apprichiated.

e-mail: nathanharold@blueyonder.co.uk

many thanks

nathan

• 1 month later...

have rebuilt my forks and found that one leg is compression and the other rebound. seals are 47/35/7 and found that one goes up and the other is reversed. one stops the oil from coming out and the other stops the rubbish going in.

cant remeber how much oil in each leg but a rule of thumb is that you fill them with enough oil to cover the dampening holes....in other words...if the leg is compressed with the spring out and pulled back out, you should not hear it sucking air! then fill to where you think it sould be..i think i was 100 mm from top with leg compressed with spring out.

hope this helps.