Air Screw 290 Caby

pistonbroke

The caby is a nightmare to set up on the carb, slight change in air pressure and its ****ed :unsure: if you havent already got some its worth buying the Jitsie carb adjusters, makes slight alterations to the carb during the day easier.

I used 3/4 of a turn out with a 42 pilot jet, I did a post (long un , mainly down to copey and baldilocks padding it out) called sherco virgin, lots of info on my caby there

Edited by The Addict

Does anybody have any idea what the air screw should be set at on my '07 290 Caby with a Keihin flat slide carb ?

Thanks in Anticipation

Phil

mine was factory set at 5/8 turn with the 45 pilot, 122 main, i've tried it at 3/4 and 1/2 and i still like the factory 5/8.

cheers

I think you can drive yourself mad tuning these things, as they do change with the weather, and you must develop an ear for the settings!

Most the pros like them for the added power, let them run a bit rich for quick response off. I rode Smages new '09 2.9 with his V-force and Kiehin setup last weekend. It runs great, smooth, responsive and way too much for me under normal clubman level.

How do you brits put it? Horses for courses? Not that you never have to tweak a Dellorto, we get wide temp swings here, so seem neccessary, just not as much. And the bike will still run in most cases, just not perfectly. You see, there are some who never notice, it seems! Just set it and run it! :unsure:

Thanks for the advice ,i think i'll try it at 5/8 of a turn and see what happens. Also I wasn't trying to tune it anyway special but i took the carb off and stripped it down to clean and realised i'd forgotten to note the air screw settings ,but I reckon i always learn by stupid mistakes !!!!

• 3 weeks later...