More Help Needed

thescoot

Hi again guys.Another problem but this one is i feel of my own doing!!!!!! Iv just replaced the main bearings in my sy250 and now find i dont seem to have any gear selection.Now while im a pretty competant mechanic,i cant see what iv done wrong.Am i perhaps missing something? does anyone know where i might be able to purchase a manual for the scorpa or indeed the yamaha engine(tyz i believe) or has anyone got a schematic drawing of said gearbox or any advice?cheers guys i know im a pain but the scorpas new to me and i need to learn

Hi mate, i dont think you can get a manual for the Scorpa,dont know about the tyz though.You could try the Nigal Birkett web site if i'm wright in my thinking you can download a parts manual from it.You say your a member of Consett club thats also my club,try contacting Birketts & telling him your problem he might be able to tell you where you went wrong(01229716806).I have a copy of the master parts list i downloaded your welcome to it if you want it. Just give us a call ( 07729496276) asking for Adrian.

Hi mate, i dont think you can get a manual for the Scorpa,dont know about the tyz though.You could try the Nigal Birkett web site if i'm wright in my thinking you can download a parts manual from it.You say your a member of Consett club thats also my club,try contacting Birketts & telling him your problem he might be able to tell you where you went wrong(01229716806).I have a copy of the master parts list i downloaded your welcome to it if you want it. Just give us a call ( 07729496276) asking for Adrian.

cheers for that adrian.iv already downloaded the parts manual but it wasnt too much help to me well it might have been if i haddnt realised that i had one of the dog gears in BACKWARDS.what a clown,no wonder it wouldnt work.