Ty250 Riding Position

alan_nc

Since we seem to have several regulars who have experience with TY250's I have a couple of questions.

I have been riding a Model 92 Sherpa T in Trials this year and have just finished getting my TY250 up and running. Rode a couple of sections and found the riding position to feel strange. The TY must be 2 or 3 inches higher than the Sherpa T (foot pegs anyway). I find I'm bending over quite a bit to hold the handle bars.

Have you changed the handle bars or do you get used to it?

Have you changed the position of the foot pegs?

Without going to anything really wild or expensive what changes have you made to the bike?

If I can get a few more hours of riding time I will probably ride it in a vintage Trial in about 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Since we seem to have several regulars who have experience with TY250's I have a couple of questions.

I have been riding a Model 92 Sherpa T in Trials this year and have just finished getting my TY250 up and running. Rode a couple of sections and found the riding position to feel strange. The TY must be 2 or 3 inches higher than the Sherpa T (foot pegs anyway). I find I'm bending over quite a bit to hold the handle bars.

Without going to anything really wild or expensive what changes have you made to the bike?

If I can get a few more hours of riding time I will probably ride it in a vintage Trial in about 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Allan If you still have the foot pegs as original they will need to be moved back and down this can be done will a sammy miller kit

also you will inprove the riding position by fitting 6 inch bars these to improvements will transform the bike

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Have a look at this!

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/index....mp;hl=footrests

• 9 years later...
On 11/4/2008 at 5:17 PM, tony283 said:

Alan

See my "blog" under "77 gets her 2008 makeover" this goes through how to fit the footrests and how to fit them if you are using a 74 frame that is not a CAT model.

Tony

Tony,

Your old thread post concerning the riding position advice has me wondering.  I too am not so comfortable on my pegs if I use the rear most mounting position for the pegs. 041.JPG.430d9c4fb475f760913d07d9967f0f13.JPG and I did not know there was a difference in the frames between a "Cat" model and a regular TY 250 A.  IS there an easy way to tell which frame I have?  It came with removable footrest brackets that move the foot rests forward about 4 inches for trail riding while sitting on a big cushy seat (which also came on this bike)